BD LP4 Pro installed on a-pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve obviously been off my meds and nipping at the bottle.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a couple things for me and admittedly the XL80's put out more forward facing light than the LP4's. However, for me, i have more than enough forward facing white light down the center of the road. Between my Rigid SR-L 20" and properly aimed Morimoto v2 XB LED headlights I'm more than happy with what i can already see. I specifically wanted amber light and more out to the sides. IMHO this was the best light all around to give me the wider spread of light and in an easy to adjust configuration. I've aimed them once so far and still have adjustments to make but the width these lights throw out is amazing. Once i finish getting it dialed in i plan to make a few videos and get some wide angle shots. The backlight feature wasn't a "must have" but after installing them i really like how well it ties in with the other backlight features on the truck. If i had no other lightbar in the bumper an had stock headlights, i would have gone with the XL80's in amber spot.
Have you done the videos? I know life is busy. Just asking. Ty.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 333681Installed my new BD LP 4 Pro’s today. They look amazing. The Amber running lights are cool and the main lights are bright AF

Had to chop up the provided wiring harness to connect it all to the upfitter switches and built new Deutsch connectors for a clean install.
those ure sick, do you have a pic from further out?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my reinstalled with different hardware with smaller washers and now there is about quarter inch of space from fender. Much better.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the SDHQ blinders installed and then added Vivid Air Release Mirror Tint to them which redirects some of the light off the hood. I was persuaded to go with XL-80's but stuck with LP4's and im so glad i did. Here is a poorly taken photo from the sunroof. This is just the LP4's aimed pretty much down the center line.

View attachment 344567

View attachment 344568

View attachment 344570
Vivid air release tint? Where did you place that? On lights or on hood?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you purchasing a lighting kit. If you don't buy from us make sure your re-seller gives you the right hardware. SDHQ didn't include the correct bolts for the Gen3 & Lightnings (they use the same bracket). MDJAK had the same issue we had on our lightning where the provided hardware by SDHQ was incorrect for the top of the pillar. We installed them originally but SOMETHING wasn't quite sitting correctly. After speaking with SDHQ and installing a set on our truck, we learned the top bolts were wrong.

We're now including the right bolts (at our own expense) when purchased from us. Just keep that in mind.

Complete Gen3 Kits are available here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-light-kit-for-2021-ford-raptor/

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adam of 4x4 did a great job and also installed a 60“ Putco bar between the bottom of tailgate and bumper. Love it. Also picked up two cool camping chairs.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You worry about theft at all with this setup?
I do but not really. Only because I’m very lucky to live in a place where the major crime is a dog barking or DWI. And while I do travel elsewhere, it’s rare and also to low crime places. I’m guessing the average person doesn’t walk around with a wrench.

All that said, I would like to change out the bolts for security bolts. I have some and was going to bring them but couldn’t find the proper socket for them.