BD LP4 Pro installed on a-pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't speak to the Gen 3 but i have the LP4's on my Gen 2 with SDHQ mounts and they come with a 3M film that you put on the bracket where it is most likely to connect with the paint. This would be something that's easy to replicate just by purchasing some film before you do your install no matter who's brackets you buy. You can see in these pictures where it pokes up just above the hood line, its almost not noticeable but covers the entire length of where the bracket would meet the paint.

View attachment 344542

View attachment 344544

View attachment 344545

View attachment 344547
Appreciate that. Probably doesn't matter, but wouldn't it be better if the PPF was on the fender? Looks great.

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that's a lot of light. Love it.
I realized AFTER i spent all my time taking pics and videos that i should've had the phone sideways for them all to capture just how wide they are. Once i go back and re-do all the pictures and videos ill post more pics that capture the full light better.

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Probably doesn't matter, but wouldn't it be better if the PPF was on the fender? Looks great.
You could try either honestly but with how tight the clearances are on the SDHQ mounts i doubt you'd get both to fit unless you went with really thin PPF on the paint and the mount

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that you’ve sold your old B/D lights for a cool 2.5mil, you can afford BOTH
XL80’s AND LP4’s :-D

Best answer.
I bought the store. The whole kit an caboodle. And I'm raising the prices, but all products will come with antiradiation pills. We might need em the way things are going.

ocbcwc

Reaction score
I have the SDHQ blinders installed and then added Vivid Air Release Mirror Tint to them which redirects some of the light off the hood. I was persuaded to go with XL-80's but stuck with LP4's and im so glad i did. Here is a poorly taken photo from the sunroof. This is just the LP4's aimed pretty much down the center line.

Curious, what makes you say you are glad you went with the LP$ over the XL80s? I am comparing the two lights for my truck currently. On paper the the XL80's are almost 30% brighter, but that isnt the only thing to consider.

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious, what makes you say you are glad you went with the LP$ over the XL80s? I am comparing the two lights for my truck currently. On paper the the XL80's are almost 30% brighter, but that isnt the only thing to consider.

It was a couple things for me and admittedly the XL80's put out more forward facing light than the LP4's. However, for me, i have more than enough forward facing white light down the center of the road. Between my Rigid SR-L 20" and properly aimed Morimoto v2 XB LED headlights I'm more than happy with what i can already see. I specifically wanted amber light and more out to the sides. IMHO this was the best light all around to give me the wider spread of light and in an easy to adjust configuration. I've aimed them once so far and still have adjustments to make but the width these lights throw out is amazing. Once i finish getting it dialed in i plan to make a few videos and get some wide angle shots. The backlight feature wasn't a "must have" but after installing them i really like how well it ties in with the other backlight features on the truck. If i had no other lightbar in the bumper an had stock headlights, i would have gone with the XL80's in amber spot.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask me, but I just placed an order for the LP4 for the A pillar. I was contemplating the 80 model instead. Just seems to me the 80 is a considerably older model and is not very symmetrical, and I don't mean round. When compared to the squadron, and I know it's considerably larger and more powerful, the black bezel surrounding the lens is not even, having a lot more space above the lens than below. Just looks, I don't know, not as cool. And I think most acknowledge, looks matter. Or my wife wouldn't have married me. Twice.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask me, but I just placed an order for the LP4 for the A pillar. I was contemplating the 80 model instead. Just seems to me the 80 is a considerably older model and is not very symmetrical, and I don't mean round. When compared to the squadron, and I know it's considerably larger and more powerful, the black bezel surrounding the lens is not even, having a lot more space above the lens than below. Just looks, I don't know, not as cool. And I think most acknowledge, looks matter. Or my wife wouldn't have married me. Twice.

Whatchew talking bout Willis?

It's 100% symetrical, because you can rotate the bezel around 90 degrees at a time and it fits. All the XL are the same footprint. It's the same amount of space on the left/right/top/bottom :)