BD Fogs, XL 80s with SDHQ mounts, and GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light with BD Ambers and Work/Spot

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by Keller Steeler, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

1. Keller Steeler

Keller Steeler Full Access Member

Really happy with everything. I will admit that the XL80s have taken a few days to grow on me, but will be ready to run at night at TRR. I like a more integrated look, but went with these instead of the 30 light bar due to loss of light. Didn’t want to spend the money and lose 30-50% of the light. Have to say that I am starting to like the look. 3rd brake light from GJ Motorsports with the BD lights are fantastic! TMX guys were great for the install!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Big Blue

Big Blue FRF Addict

Looks great and I have a similar set-up. TJ's 3rd brake light is awesome. I installed mine at his shop and was blown away when I saw how they are each cut out of a solid block of billet aluminum. I opted to have my XL80 brackets powdercoated black to match the lights/SDHQ brackets. Enjoy! :cheers:

3. Keller Steeler

Great idea on the brackets. I thought I was done right now, guess not.

4. Big Blue

Big Blue FRF Addict

Haha, it's never ending.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. raptor36

raptor36 Full Access Member

Nice setup! Just curious, what do you mean when you said the above? Regarding growing on you. Was there something not as expected? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Keller Steeler

I would rather have the lights with a more subtle, integrated look. I don’t want light bars on the roof. The lights themselves work fantastic., which is why I went with them. They do the job they are meant to do, and they do a great job. Looks wise, I would have been happier with a 30’ bar behind the grill. However, now that I have had it a few days, the looks of the A pillar mounted lights are growing on me.

raptor36 likes this.
  7. Kojack19

Kojack19 Full Access Member

Do any of you have the ability to take any video of the brake lights? really like the idea of this...

8. lakebum

lakebum Member

Nice. My truck was in the same day for collars and springs . Was trying to get a picture of all the raptors in the shop while your 3rd brake light was on. It’s bright. The TMX guys are going to cost me a fortune . I am going back for the SVC bump stop system next.

The 3rd brake light kit is on the short list .

53544E8B-745F-4692-85F6-5687A323FFE6.jpeg

Keller Steeler and zombiekiller like this.
  9. zombiekiller

zombiekiller Full Access Member

I almost forgot what their shop looks like without my truck on one of the lifts. :p

Just you wait until the tmx guys get you to the most expensive "stage of all"...

The " I just bought a superduty and a 102" trailer to tow my raptor." stage.

and then you'll want a carli pintop setup and some wheels and tires to match your raptor. might as well do the long travel airbags too.

Then a new front bumper, and more bd lights. :batman2:

Keller Steeler likes this.
  10. Loufish

Loufish Full Access Member

I like the look of the "A" pillar lights...but of course it's a personal thing. It looks like you went with the wide lighting lens, you should have went with the Combo lens then you would have 2 long range Spots per light.
    I do agree on the lighting behind the grille, I install the 10" bar down low and am planning on cutting out the grille to get all of my light back...