BBK Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I still have the BBK TB on my truck - I only get a CEL now like, once a year with it. Too lazy to swap it out, no issues besides that but also, never really felt an improvement either.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I still have the BBK TB on my truck - I only get a CEL now like, once a year with it. Too lazy to swap it out, no issues besides that but also, never really felt an improvement either.
Do you have other mods that would benefit from a wider throttle body?

At worse I would assume that the air comes in at a lesser press of the pedal since there's a larger opening vs the amount of throttle applied. So power should come on sooner I would think that is a benefit since you use less effort on the pedal.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have other mods that would benefit from a wider throttle body?

At worse I would assume that the air comes in at a lesser press of the pedal since there's a larger opening vs the amount of throttle applied. So power should come on sooner I would think that is a benefit since you use less effort on the pedal.
Yeah. Intake, FMIC, turbo inlet tubes, down pipes and exhaust. Basically the stock turbos are moving as much air as possible. Honestly my truck moves out- power comes on almost instantly.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if tuning is an issue here. More air may not be of much benefit with a canned tune. Are those who are tuned by Goose seeing a benefit with an aftermarket TB, or do they have the same issues?

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info here I was ready to pull the trigger on a BBK TB but I'll just use it in a turbo manifold upgrade...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if tuning is an issue here. More air may not be of much benefit with a canned tune. Are those who are tuned by Goose seeing a benefit with an aftermarket TB, or do they have the same issues?
I have a goose tune so... he tuned my truck with the TB on there.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we buy things to squeeze out every pony something is better than nothing and every little thing good counts.

I'm just trying to accumulate bits here and there I can add on in a short amount of time much better it goes to something I can keep vs spending it on a tank of fuel that is gone in a week buying starbucks