BBK home made options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen the BBK options listed here and they run pretty expensive. For most vehicles the front brakes are going to do the majority of the work.

In the past I have seen and helped others work out home made options for BBK - in the 944 racing world a common upgrade was to do the 993tt calipers and 2 pc rotors on the front axle of a 944 race car. Each caliper would be around $400 and the rotors could be sourced from many manufacturers. All that was needed was to custom make rotor hats and caliper adapters to mount to the wheel spindles. In the end the front axle could be done for about $1500 and the increased braking power would require a different bias valve to the placed in the master cylinder or an adjustable Tilton valve placed into the brake lines (preferrable).

I wanted to see if there was any interest in coming up with CAD drawings for rotor hats and caliper mount adapters for using the tried and true 993tt Porsche front brakes on the Raptor?

M3LELENA

Reaction score
same thing with my M3E46 :i had some GT3 6 pots calipers & rotors. interested in upgrading front axle of my raptor too..

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only issue is that those calipers won't work under 17" wheels which for me and many others is a deal breaker. I know the 4pot Boxter Brembos will though, but they are pretty small. The trick IMO would be to get a 6 pot caliper to work with the OEM size rotors and OEM wheels. Racing Brake makes very good OEM 2 piece rotor replacements what are much lighter and the same size as OEM.