Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would believe so as well, but I have come across info listing 3/36 completely covered. But I no knows until I speak to someone at the dealer tomorrow. PIA to have to bring the truck in and leave it vs just buying the battery and throwing it in and if that’s all it is.

Ugh truck just messaged me about going into deep hibernation mode. Obviously voltage has dropped off since it was charged up earlier today.
Well hopefully the battery is fully covered.
I just found this, its Canada Ford but should be the same.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes! Just spoke to them at the dealer and it’s covered under the 3/36. They also have the FastLane service available for this which is the best part.

Fired up this morning, but it was draining.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a believer in battery maintenance. I was once told by a DC electrical engineer that you would have to drive the equivalent of 700 miles without any accessories on to fully charge a car battery if it was dead and you jumped it. That’s not to mention the massive strain it puts on your alternator trying to keep a dead battery alive.

The best solution he told me was to bring your vehicle into a warm garage in the winter months and stick it on a trickle charger feeding the battery about 1-2 amps at a time.

I’m a stickler about this even moreso now with the Auto Start/Stop system in the Raptor. Ever since then, I rarely have battery problems anymore. I usually replace mine at about 5-6 years just to be safe.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Parked the truck Friday eve and then cleaned it up some Saturday morning and still had power. So maybe the battery was being drained. Or did it just die hard and fast. Truck is a ‘19 with the original battery.

So, you mentioned the amp previously. If you were listening to tunes while messing about with the truck and it wasn’t on, the high power amps will put a bigger drain on the battery . Not to mention auto-stop/start - I had to disable that to keep my amps from scramming every time the truck restarted.

That said, Lucille is still rocking the stock battery since November, 2016. I’ll be having it checked though for sure.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Follow up:

Got the truck to the dealer and they ended up throwing a new battery in it under warranty. I was able to wait around for it and look at the two used ‘18 Raptors they had for 68k with an average of 65k miles on them. Great service, can’t complain. SA said it did check out on the low side so. Will run it and see how it goes.

On average batteries normally go 3-4 years down here tops. So 2.5yrs wasn’t the best run on this one.

Can’t say I’m jammin’ the tunes with the truck off all too often @smurfslayer lol

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my '19 after about three months of ownership. Went into deep hibernation mode, all that jazz. But that was back in March of 2020. Had it towed to the dealership and they threw a new battery in it under warranty. Haven't had any issues after that. Although there was a period last September where I hadn't driven the truck more than twenty minutes in about eight days (I had an upcoming 5k mile road trip a week later that I was saving up driving for) entered "deep sleep mode." I was a little nervous after remembering what happened last time, but when I got home from work that evening I fired it up with no issue and took it for a forty minute drive. Called the dealership the next day and was told that sometimes they can go into deep sleep mode before that 10 or 14 day limit of inactivity, especially after not driving so much lately. Either way, no problems since.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife’s aviator which is used daily gets that msg out of the blue and sometimes a couple of times a week. But never has the battery been low that we can tell or caused problems. I think I may have seen this once on my truck. But since the battery went bad, it’s caused it to come up a couple of times.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My wife’s aviator which is used daily gets that msg out of the blue and sometimes a couple of times a week. But never has the battery been low that we can tell or caused problems. I think I may have seen this once on my truck. But since the battery went bad, it’s caused it to come up a couple of times.
My Lincoln - 2020 - throws that remote features disable alert frequently.