Battery Terminal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stefan

Reaction score
I had been out of the country for a while and came home to my battery terminals covered in corrosion. After cleaning it away the base of the terminal had actually cracked and would not give any power at all. I swapped the positive terminal out for a gold plated terminal with plenty of room for all my accessory wires and ran into an issue with the cable leading from the battery to the fuse box not being long enough. The ‘stealership’ gave me the run around saying I had to buy the whole wiring harness kit and that they didn’t sell just that one individual cable that isn’t even part of the harness running to the alternator and starter. I got a generic wire of the same gauge with the fasteners and crimped them to make my own cable and am noticing my turnover to start up is taking an extra second or two and not just on a cold start. Is this something I need to be wary of or does anyone have any experience with a similar situation to mine?

C1CED36A-AFA5-4AF1-B976-1BD4945BECC9.jpeg

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the battery dead, the computer has to "relearn" things, which may be the problem. As long as the engine is turning over as fast as before, it may just clear itself up as it relearns. If the engine turns over slower, you may have a bad connection.