Battery Replacement/Size and Jump Pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your portable pack stopped working? Which one was it? I want to avoid buying one for $150 and then 2 years later when I finally need it, it’s not working.
If this is directed to me... No it works fine but I have found it only good for a jump or two before needing recharging. Got me in a pickle once with my not so great battery in my truck

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I would update this post and maybe there are 3 members who are interested in a discount. I've been searching for a jump pack for a bit now. Couldn't really pull the trigger on anything just yet since I didn't want to drop huge coin but wanted something reliable. A member in the post above talked about The Zeus jump pack from Uncharted Supply Co, and it had very good reviews. At $159 it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. Searching around tonight, I found the company makes a different model called The Athena. I will include the link below. BackCountry.com happens to have it 25% off right now. $104 plus tax and free shipping. This one fits my needs, has great reviews and I like the different options and price of course.

Here is the breakdown of the Zeus vs. Athena. From the website (quote) "Plain and simple: unless you are driving a vehicle with a 6.0L Diesel engine or bigger, the Athena is going to give you more versatility. Power your laptop, light up a dark night for hours, charge devices through USB, USB-C and Micro-USB and, of course, start your vehicle when the battery is dead. Personally, I drive a Ford Raptor and the Athena is what sits in my glove box. It’s worth noting, that both systems also work on any 12V battery system, which includes many motorcycles, off-road vehicles, and more."

Here is the link to Back Country 25% where it states only 3 left in stock. Hope this helps someone out.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Probably not the best option for very cold climates, but I don’t think there is a better battery out there at the moment. Buy once, cry once.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Probably not the best option for very cold climates, but I don’t think there is a better battery out there at the moment. Buy once, cry once.
Good Lawd, that’s alotta money…

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
few things to note here. the jump packs regardless of manufacturer will always say to discharge unit if storing for more than 3 months, or will say to discharge unit every 3 months to maintain the battery inside. the ah of a battery isnt the end all be all for batteries. my oem battery lasted me 3 months because of the amount of current draw from my sound system. had it replaced under warranty thinking it was a fluke. new battery lasted about 3 months..... swapped it out for an optima yellow top and the battery lasted 4 years before crapping out. put in another and it lasted about 4 years as well. now on my 3rd yellow top and its been in year or so. the cca and the ability to be drained and recharged without capacity loss is why i keep going with gel cell batteries. so while the ah of the oem might be more, it can sometimes not be enough cca, after being partially drained, to start your truck. the lithium batteries are awesome. expensive, but awesome. problem is, as stated above, they dont like cold weather and can be an expensive paperweight if they get too cold.

just take out your moonroof and put solar panels. until skynet takes over and we darken the skies, it will always work. might take a while, but will work.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
few things to note here. the jump packs regardless of manufacturer will always say to discharge unit if storing for more than 3 months, or will say to discharge unit every 3 months to maintain the battery inside. the ah of a battery isnt the end all be all for batteries. my oem battery lasted me 3 months because of the amount of current draw from my sound system. had it replaced under warranty thinking it was a fluke. new battery lasted about 3 months..... swapped it out for an optima yellow top and the battery lasted 4 years before crapping out. put in another and it lasted about 4 years as well. now on my 3rd yellow top and its been in year or so. the cca and the ability to be drained and recharged without capacity loss is why i keep going with gel cell batteries. so while the ah of the oem might be more, it can sometimes not be enough cca, after being partially drained, to start your truck. the lithium batteries are awesome. expensive, but awesome. problem is, as stated above, they dont like cold weather and can be an expensive paperweight if they get too cold.

just take out your moonroof and put solar panels. until skynet takes over and we darken the skies, it will always work. might take a while, but will work.
Quick question…what optima yellow top, specifically, are you using for the Raptor? Link please, thanks.