Battery Keeps Dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Jake and I and the proud owner of a 2014 F150 Raptor SVT 6.2l, which I bought brand new off the show room floor back in 2014.

This is the first issue I have had with my truck since I have bought it, currently 66k miles on it.

The issue I am having is the same as described in this thread. The ignition lights do not shut off when the truck is shut off, resulting in a dead battery. The "P" does not light up or show that the truck is in park when it is in park.

I am in a tough spot, can't really afford to have this taken to the dealership/mechanic to be fixed. Some of the users on this thread said it was a simple fix and required soldering a new MicroSwitch back in place.

Omron D2HW-C201M is the part number that has been suggested. Since local Napa / Autozone do not carry this item I will need to buy it online, but before I do... can anyone offer any advice / video instructions / best source to purchase from ?

Thank you all very much for your assistance, it goes a long way!

Side Note: I am a small business owner, getting the raptor branded w/ my business and dream to have a small fleet of raptors on the road one day. Such a good looking truck !

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Omron D2HW-C201M is the part number that has been suggested. Since local Napa / Autozone do not carry this item I will need to buy it online, but before I do... can anyone offer any advice / video instructions / best source to purchase from ?

It's hard to beat Digikey or Mouser for electronic/electrical parts. I'd go ahead and buy one while you research what to do with it once it comes.