Battery Keeps Dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me bone stock 2013 Raptor SuoerCab 801a with 18000 miles on it.

The battery keeps dying on it. The battery is new cause i wanted an AGM battery. Tho the issue was happening before i even replaced the battery.

I have narrowed it down to a weird issue with the dash gauge cluster. THe clusters back lit light will intermittently come back on when the truck is parked turned off and remains on until it has drained my battery.

I can easily reproduce the issue and will be taking it to Ford to see if they can get it taken care of.

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somebody else just had this issue on here!! Cant remember his name, he should pop in, hopefully.

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty: 3 Year / 36,000 Miles - Bumper / Bumper
It's a common problem caused by a myriad of issues. .

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me bone stock 2013 Raptor SuoerCab 801a with 18000 miles on it.

The battery keeps dying on it. The battery is new cause i wanted an AGM battery. Tho the issue was happening before i even replaced the battery.

I have narrowed it down to a weird issue with the dash gauge cluster. THe clusters back lit light will intermittently come back on when the truck is parked turned off and remains on until it has drained my battery.

I can easily reproduce the issue and will be taking it to Ford to see if they can get it taken care of.

I have had a similar issue. After having it at the dealership three times, at that point, one morning I went out and the cluster was on. First time that it was observed by me. They got it back after that and I am still waiting for answers.

Good luck. Here is my thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/electrical-drain-41506/

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Congrats on getting a Raptor, Trav! When are you heading in to have your dealership check out the battery issue? Come back and post when you have an update; I'm always just a PM away if you need my help after getting a diagnosis.

Crystal

OP
OP
T

Trav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking it in tomorrow. I just wanted to finish making the video documenting the issue. I will keep everyone posted.

Last edited: