Battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spydr

Reaction score
Ok so have a 2013 raptor just started having a battery drain issue ...
The trucks alternator and battery do check out and are working fine ,truck running battery is between 13.7-14.2 ,at shut down goes to 13.2
And by the morning about 12hrs later she goes down to 11.5 give or take if left longer will go below 11v ,so before going to dealer ship since still under warranty ,I did a parasitic drain test pulling fusses ,meter was showing 3.00-2.60 draw after pulling fuse #18 inside passenger side (Brake-shift interlock, Keypad illumination, Powertrain control module wake-up, Passive anti-theft system) draw dropped down to 16 miliamps ,went to ford explained what was going on and what I did ,left it they did their thing and said the bcm and climate control bezel were causing the draw they replaced both and said draw was fixed ,got truck back couple days ago and notice again the next morning battery back down to 11.9 from 12.9 ,did my draw test again this time it would drop to .23 miliamps after truck went to sleep then few minutes later jump up to 3.56 them back down then up all over the place ended up pulling fuse #2 (head unit ,sync)draw drops to 0.08 stays there ,left fuse out this morning battery was at 13.1 after sitting all night ,so dropped it back of to dealer now waiting on them what they do next..
My question is it possible they the head unit /sync has failed?

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Forgot to add that the ignition switch ,back up camera pin connector,cluster gauge colum shifter were all checked out and no draw
Also I have the my ford touch sync 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spydr

Spydr

Reaction score
Okay went to the dealership today they said they just put fuse #2 the one I pulled out back in and they don’t see any draw , said to leave it there another day or so to make sure
Now is it possible the draw went away by itself,or but pulling that fuse re-set the APIM/head unit and it corrected itself?

rwj333

Reaction score
I’m currently having the same problem with my 2013. Did you find a solution? My battery drains overnight while parked. The dealership mechanic can’t find a problem.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There was a Jenny (gen2) with a similar symptom pattern that turned out to be the sync “module”(?). IIRC, they would shut down and at some point later on sync would fire up again with the display and who knows what else, drawing down the battery.

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay went to the dealership today they said they just put fuse #2 the one I pulled out back in and they don’t see any draw , said to leave it there another day or so to make sure
Now is it possible the draw went away by itself,or but pulling that fuse re-set the APIM/head unit and it corrected itself?
Did you ever figure out the issue?

My 13 has been dealing with this for a couple years now. I have to plug into a trickle charger to keep it charged when I don’t drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Spydr

Spydr

Reaction score
It ended up being the apim head unit like I told them at the dealership .,they ended up replacing the head unit eventually