Battery drain - looking for help and ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Igor Sakhnov

Igor Sakhnov

Reaction score
So, swapped the battery for a new one (thanks god for AutoZone and warranty on Optima) and rest BMS. Steady state draw at 0.065A. Anyway advice on how to monitor the battery health?

OP
OP
Igor Sakhnov

Igor Sakhnov

Reaction score
Almost a month later, battery tester tells me that battery is 100% good, parasite draw is as 0.01A and truck was not charged with battery tender at all during the month.

THANK YOU @smurfslayer for the FORSCAN BSM suggestion!

marine5804

Reaction score
I am having the same issue now on my 2018. I have the add stealth bumper and ridgid lights front and back. They are tied into the stock lights. I am trying to find out what is drawing. After about 5 days she is dead and wont start, reads about 3.4-4 amps. I jump it and its fine 10 mins later.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
start pulling the inline fuses on your mods 1x1 until you achieve some stability.

OP
OP
Igor Sakhnov

Igor Sakhnov

Reaction score
@marine5804 - read the thread. Summary - I reverted to the original coding using forscan (originally disabled battery management to suppress auto-stop) and also re-set battery management. There was nothing wrong with the bumper / lights install :) Your situation could be different.