Battery/BCM Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

About 3 weeks ago I had a battery fault warning display on the dash of my 2012 Screw while doing some light – moderate off-roading (no water involved). I checked the cables and mounts to find that everything was fine before driving home.

The warning then began coming up after a few minutes of driving the vehicle every day. However, the battery never died or failed to crank so I wasn’t in a rush to take it in for a test.

This week, the truck failed to turn over when I attempted to remote start it. After this, the truck failed to unlock from the key fob and had to be manually unlocked from the door. The instrument cluster flickered, seats failed to adjust, etc. as if the battery was dead but I was able to turn the engine over and start it without issue. Once started, everything operated correctly but I still received the battery fault warning.

I dropped the truck at the dealer before work yesterday for an oil change and had them test the battery and alternator. They stated that the battery was bad but that everything else checked out. Replaced the battery and said that they ran the truck for 10 minutes without issue.

I pick it up after I get off and the same warning is displayed after a minute of driving. Today, I’m still experiencing the same issues related to remote starts and the appearance of a dead battery until the vehicle is actually started (after an attempted remote start). I should also note that this only occurs after it has been sitting for more than a few hours.

I figure if the BCM is bad or if a fuse were out, nothing would work period. Correct? I’m going to try to trace all the wires and grounds when I get home today and see if I can find anything obvious.

I also installed a set of aftermarket headlights 2 weeks prior to the issues arising and plan to disconnect them to see if they’re causing the draw/issue.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I can’t figure it out tonight I’ll probably take it back to the stealership tomorrow. (note: warranty is out)

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

04a44b9ca85515f9adf2a7cb872e5a83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: