Battery and door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your first mistake was surfing Facebook; there’s no shortage of misinformation on there.

The physical key will turn the lock cylinder and open the door. If it doesn’t, that’s not by design; it may need lubrication or repair.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your first mistake was surfing Facebook; there’s no shortage of misinformation on there.

The physical key will turn the lock cylinder and open the door. If it doesn’t, that’s not by design; it may need lubrication or repair.

It does not. My 2012 doesn't. You have to find a long screwdriver and access through the grille, very difficult, and then charge battery.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm wrong. Always assumed it needed power for some reason. Nope, problem #11, lock tumbler not working cause it has full power and doesn't turn, and only 1 key lock on the truck.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does not. My 2012 doesn't. You have to find a long screwdriver and access through the grille, very difficult, and then charge battery.
not sure why your key doesnt work. you must have a problem somewhere mechanically. when my motor blew, my truck sat for 3 months while waiting on a new motor. of course both my batteries died so when it came time to tow it to my friends house to swap motors, i used my key to unlock the drivers door to pop the hood. put a battery pack on the battery to shift into neutral to get it on the tow truck. same to get it off the tow truck into my friends garage.