BassHead Options? High SPL Possible? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just like the title suggests I want to fit as many subs with as much xmax plus power handling as possible behind the rear seats and under the rear seats. Using seat adapters to relocate them a couple of inches is okay as long as the seatbelts function so that my children can still buckle themselves.

Anyone know or seen what is possible to stuff back there?

From what I’ve been able to search it seems like JL 13.5 is the best driver for an application like this but if there is another I’ve missed that maybe could fit that would be great too. The JL 13.5 is slim but if there is a driver that fits that has more xmax, surface area, and power handling then obviously that would provide more bass.

Here is what looks to me like is possible from other builds-

Atleast one sub behind the seat plus two under the seats for a total of three.

Possibly two subs behind the seats and two under the seats but would have to get creative with wiring and mounting if amps. Is there room to mount amps under the front seats if absolutely run out of space on the back wall from a two sub setup back behind the seats?

I come from super high SPL level builds back in the late 1990’s/early 2000’s but haven’t had one since so itching a little just to see what is possible in the Raptor while keeping it totally functional. My Home Theater has been my extreme SPL level provider during my old man days (over 20 custom 21” subs equivalent and counting hooked up to a Trinnov Altitude32) but always itching for bass in the truck when a good song comes on so at a minimum need to investigate what is possible.

Goals would be 145-150db very minimum around the 40-45hz area or most likely not worth it as it would just disappoint.

If anyone in the industry thinks it’s doable don’t hesitate to PM me your ideas and lists of products that would get it done!

Bests
Alex

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best I have heard in a F150 is 4 Audio Mobile 10’s under the back seat on 3000watts. It’s gets down pretty damn good.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best I have heard in a F150 is 4 Audio Mobile 10’s under the back seat on 3000watts. It’s gets down pretty damn good.
Never heard them before and can’t find much info other than they are designed for limited space applications. Seem to have decent xmax for their depth and medium to higher power handling again for their depth all of which could be promising.

The lack of info is a little discouraging though.

Thanks for the input though as it could be possible to fit quite a few of them back there. Their required airspace is better than most others in the slim sub market. That’s a huge problem we face in the Home Theater realm when it comes to super high SPL rooms. It normally comes down to the available space vs SPL output when choosing drivers. It just requires so so many more drivers to reach sub 5Hz frequencies with appreciable output that it requires very careful planning just to fit them in a massive living space lol.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stereo shop I use in town is a higher end shop and they sell the crap out of the Audio Mobile. I sat in a Shelby Raptor they did and also a Platinum F350 and with that setup and it’s about as good as you can get without getting rid of the back seat altogether. The Audio Mobile subs are more of a SQ sub that just happens to hit really hard. Lol

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stereo shop I use in town is a higher end shop and they sell the crap out of the Audio Mobile. I sat in a Shelby Raptor they did and also a Platinum F350 and with that setup and it’s about as good as you can get without getting rid of the back seat altogether. The Audio Mobile subs are more of a SQ sub that just happens to hit really hard. Lol

How do they sit? Facing forward or facing up/down?

My initial brainstorming as of now has me wondering the largest driver possible that will fit facing forward if I place them on a tilted angle under the seat with a seat relocation bracket. If there is a way to squeeze a large motor driver in this type of position the gains over slim drivers should be rather large just because of the power handling alone. If could fit between 3 12” or 4 10” drivers like this the spl goals should be pretty close.

Anyone know what the maximum available exterior dimensions are when using seat relocation brackets? If I can get the available space under and behind the seats that should help a ton. I could figure everything out in CAD from there no problem.

Anyone know a shop that might have a CAD file or drawings showing the available space?

Bests
Alex

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The set ups my stereo shop does is for tens facing upwards under the backseat fits really nice. I think as far as facing forward the 6.5’s or 8’s but won’t give you as much as the 4 10’s. @The Car Stereo Company could chime in with better info.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think you can get 150db in the truck without losing more space than just under the seats. 150db is a pretty high goal in a truck unless you want to cut through the bed, or lose the rear seat altogether. we are also a dealer for audiomobile and i have 2 of the evo 10s in my truck. i speak with the owner of audiomobile on a somewhat normal basis in regards to the technical stuff that i wont get into. 2 of the evo 10 subwoofers get to about 128db. 4 might get you to 135db but the question is, where you going to fit them? you need to decide what you are willing to give up. there are louder subwoofers on the market, but they will require more airspace. either way, you will have to give up something in order to achieve 150db.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Goals would be 145-150db very minimum

This is rifle shot at the muzzle territory and great ... if you want to be like the old, retired, loud pipes HD riders.

Ever try to have a conversation with one? Ever notice you’re repeating yourself several times? Exposure to this level of sound for more than a couple of seconds results in subtle, cumulative hearing loss. It’s difficult to notice because it happens gradually so be careful with this volume of sound.

Unless you’re firing off the stereo remotely, or using it to punish potential thieves. That would be cool, come to think of it.