Bass options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemanjoe

Reaction score
I’m looking at one of two options to upgrade the bass and replace the stick sub in 17’ with Sony (yes, I will be upgrading other speakers in the truck). I’m looking at the Rockford Fosgate 10” powered sub under the rear seat or the MTI with slim 10” sub behind the rear seat. What do you guys think?

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can put them under the seat I recommend 2 Audio Mobile 10’s with a custom box from Noah @ The Car Stereo Company.

OP
OP
F

firemanjoe

Reaction score
If you can put them under the seat I recommend 2 Audio Mobile 10’s with a custom box from Noah @ The Car Stereo Company.
I’m trying to keep things as low profile as possible. While still getting a decent sound. I had a single low profile 10” in my old truck and was pretty happy with it

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
getting the signal from the factory sub isnt the best place to get it. on the 2nd gen trucks they moved the sub to behind the seat. i dont like subwoofers behind the seat because of space. you are even more limited to what fits back there. there is a company that makes a seat relocation bracket that moves your rear seat forward to fit something bigger, but i dont want to deal with the liability factor if the vehicle is in a collision and those brackets fail. i can build a box that goes under the 1/3 side seat for you. that keeps everything factory, gives you more bass, and keeps the 2/3 side free

OP
OP
F

firemanjoe

Reaction score
getting the signal from the factory sub isnt the best place to get it. on the 2nd gen trucks they moved the sub to behind the seat. i dont like subwoofers behind the seat because of space. you are even more limited to what fits back there. there is a company that makes a seat relocation bracket that moves your rear seat forward to fit something bigger, but i dont want to deal with the liability factor if the vehicle is in a collision and those brackets fail. i can build a box that goes under the 1/3 side seat for you. that keeps everything factory, gives you more bass, and keeps the 2/3 side free
What would a box like that run me? I like the idea of keeping things free under the larger portion of the seat because I have kids

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LMI Welding...I have that kit to go in due to my larger than most amps. I'll let you know what I think afterwards.