Basic recovery gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maple leaf ropes.com

You can spec a rope however you want. And spec bridles if you want . Their premium Kerr is good. But you can get same rope without the urethane coating

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses!

I was kidding about the "Stay There"..would consider that an example of a worst-case knock off brand (so clueless/careless even the name is a huge fail).

Problem is (not just in recovery gear) it seems like there are like two levels of items for sale these days:
1.) Really good really expensive name brands designed for constant repeated use.
2.) Absolute crap that is a bad copy of the expensive name brand, where someone with extremely limited engineering knowledge "designed" it.

It's like your options are Mac/Matco/Snap-on and Walmart-house-brand. I'm looking for a "Sears Craftsman" (of 20yr ago) level of performance at medium price. I'm using this only on occasion, but I don't want to occasionally die from using it.

Some people may scoff at it, but I've had good luck with using tekton tools. most of their manuafacturing is taiwan, with a small percentage made in the U.S. and they are a michigan company.

also, check out Capri tools. They seem to be a really solid " in the middle" quality tool brand.

The newer craftsman ratchets are pretty bad. The pawls wear out ultra-fast and the designs lend themselves to lots of busted knuckles.

It isn't a bad option to shop eBay for used snap on and mac sets. The pricing will usually land you halfway between mac and harbor freight.

nermol

Reaction score
Black Friday Deal I just purchased.
I would think this covers the basics and all for less than $100.

Order summary

treesavermain_compact_cropped.jpg
Recovery Tree Saver Strap × 1
$19.97

blackiso-main_compact_cropped.jpg
2PK D-Ring Shackle Isolators × 1
Black
$10.97

matteshackles-main_compact_cropped.jpg
2PK D-Ring Shackles 3/4" × 1
Matte Black
$22.97

towstrap_hitch_combo-main_compact_cropped.jpg
Recovery Gear Combo - 30' Tow Strap & Shackle Hitch Receiver × 1
$74.97

Discount (B3G25)

$-32.22
Subtotal

$96.66
Shipping

$0.00
Total

$96.66 USD

That is a good deal, items are on the way. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a tow strap, not a kerr. Be great if used accordingly. I.e. After somebody else pulls you out using their gear put your gear on so they can pull you home

Last edited:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A good bag for gear is a small mesh gym bag. Or a couple of them. The mesh lets things dry if tossed in wet, and the small size lets you store them easy. Keeps things organized. And toss a light pair of gloves in bag

I know a bunch of things not to do, but the principal of a Kerr illustrated

Last edited: