BASE CAMP VEGAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to Vegas tomorrow for a commercial for the week. Driving back to Los Angeles Saturday.

anything to hit from Vegas back to Los Angeles?

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Heading to Vegas tomorrow for a commercial for the week. Driving back to Los Angeles Saturday.

Hi Matt, are you looking for a around Vegas for a few hours while your here? I have some great Trails near town or there are several great Trails along the I-15 corridor. There is one route you can catch at Stateline and you can hop off and back onto I-15 at Baker I believe or several spots in between, depending on your time needs.
I’ll shoot you my # and we can talk further in detail.
WHAT YOUR RAPTOR DOES IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS ;)
Unless you get some Desert Pinstripes they stay with you until you buff them out :)

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

As I tell Everyone Matt, grab some Benchmark Maps. Before GPS they are pretty much all I used. Looked at the Map, saw a Trail and went out to see what it had to offer :)
You can grab one in town at REI. They usually have NV, UT, CA, AZ and sometimes CO in stock

0A12A0D4-9C80-419D-B374-F41E32D8C796.jpeg

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are some awesome photos! I am heading to Vegas in June and typically fly. However, the Stateline to Baker trail is making me think that I need to take the Raptor. Thanks for sharing! I will have a chat with the W and see what she thinks about driving now. It is only 4 to 5 hours, which is close to what it would take from door to door flying, even though the flight is only an hour.

Where can I find the route? I am eventually going to get a Lowrance for Baja, but should I pull the trigger sooner for something like this? Sorry for shifting gears here, but does anyone have a recommendation for a baja GPS. Perhaps, @zombiekiller?

EDIT: Well, it looks like you answered the question while I was typing. I still would like the GPS to see live location, but the map would be a great cross-reference. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

As I tell Everyone Matt, grab some Benchmark Maps. Before GPS they are pretty much all I used. Looked at the Map, saw a Trail and went out to see what it had to offer :)

The Trail from Stateline

AB329793-8117-473F-8BDD-74DB82E1E574.jpeg

7D7E5D39-A743-4C7A-894B-545EBFA5873C.jpeg

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Those are some awesome photos! I am heading to Vegas in June and typically fly. However, the Stateline to Baker trail is making me think that I need to take the Raptor. Thanks for sharing! I will have a chat with the W and see what she thinks about driving now. It is only 4 to 5 hours, which is close to what it would take from door to door flying, even though the flight is only an hour.

Where can I find the route? I am eventually going to get a Lowrance for Baja, but should I pull the trigger sooner for something like this? Sorry for shifting gears here, but does anyone have a recommendation for a baja GPS. Perhaps, @zombiekiller?

EDIT: Well, it looks like you answered the question while I was typing. I still would like the GPS to see live location, but the map would be a great cross-reference. Thanks!!!
Check out my Navigation Thread in OFF-ROADING YOUR RAPTOR. It’s a work in progress and has good info on Navigation off-road and 2xFoot.
In the Thread I talk about the GAIA APP and how much I love it. It ties in seamlessly with the Apple Play in the Raptor and brings it to the “Big Screen”
Between the Benchmark Maps and GAIA you should be all set.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

BRING THE RAPTOR!! Get a hold of me when your here and I will take y’all to photo spots you will use for your Christmas Card..lol
When I-15 becomes a parking lot I will sometimes jump off road and bypass them ;) ALWAYS carry a map. When your electronics fail you’ll be glad you did.

0BFBFE4E-9DB5-4844-90CD-06927EA5891C.jpeg

DB91C861-4448-4A8F-B96D-0EE7C0AB6F2E.jpeg

CB634394-BF21-454E-8B29-F23A8F6317CE.jpeg

69739D88-3091-49CD-8925-732987471C55.jpeg

4D0E35EA-58CB-44CF-9769-EE1617C95530.jpeg