Banks Ram-Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnum

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Banks Ram-Air yet? I like the look and have had good luck with Banks products on my old diesel truck. I just hate being the test mule.

OP
OP
Magnum

Magnum

Reaction score
Good to know that you like it and it doesn't have a drone. My son has the AFE and it is just too noisy for my liking. This will be my next upgrade before a tune.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Banks Power | 09-12 Ford - F-150 5.4 & 6.2L Raptor>> Banks Ram-Air® Intake System

"For 2011-14 Ford F-150, 6.2L & 3.5L EcoBoost. Banks opens up your truck's breathing with a flowbench-developed and dyno-proven Ram-Air Intake System that is 64.6% less restrictive than stock on the 3.5L (46.8% for the 6.2L) at 600 CFM."

To this I politely say ********. Several years ago when I was shopping for a CAI I reviewed the parts numbers for the intakes for all current model Ford trucks. With just a couple minor exceptions on the EcoBoost engines, ALL of the part numbers were the same for ALL of the current model trucks. Whatever improvement in flow provided by the Banks CAI would necessarily be uniform across all Ford trucks. Banks even says that one system fits all model years.

Secondly, the primary restriction in the factory intake is in the intake tube between the airbox and the throttle body at the point where the airflow sensor is. In order to make the over all intake tract less restrictive, the diameter of the intake tube at the airflow sensor would have to be increased. Doing that would require the use of a different sensor, a different tune map, etc.

The Banks site says, "...all hardware included to cover every sensor variation (3.5L only)." I'm not sure what they mean to convey with that statement, but it seems to say that you don't get all of the sensor hardware you need unless you have the 3.5L engine.

The claims made are highly questionable (if not impossible) and the kit for the 6.2L may not include everything necessary to make the system work. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruger - Banks Power | 09-12 Ford - F-150 5.4 & 6.2L Raptor>> Banks Ram-Air® Intake System

"For 2011-14 Ford F-150, 6.2L & 3.5L EcoBoost. Banks opens up your truck's breathing with a flowbench-developed and dyno-proven Ram-Air Intake System that is 64.6% less restrictive than stock on the 3.5L (46.8% for the 6.2L) at 600 CFM."

To this I politely say ********. Several years ago when I was shopping for a CAI I reviewed the parts numbers for the intakes for all current model Ford trucks. With just a couple minor exceptions on the EcoBoost engines, ALL of the part numbers were the same for ALL of the current model trucks. Whatever improvement in flow provided by the Banks CAI would necessarily be uniform across all Ford trucks. Banks even says that one system fits all model years.

Secondly, the primary restriction in the factory intake is in the intake tube between the airbox and the throttle body at the point where the airflow sensor is. In order to make the over all intake tract less restrictive, the diameter of the intake tube at the airflow sensor would have to be increased. Doing that would require the use of a different sensor, a different tune map, etc.

The Banks site says, "...all hardware included to cover every sensor variation (3.5L only)." I'm not sure what they mean to convey with that statement, but it seems to say that you don't get all of the sensor hardware you need unless you have the 3.5L engine.

The claims made are highly questionable (if not impossible) and the kit for the 6.2L may not include everything necessary to make the system work. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.
True all that. AND ... It's not even a ram-air set-up since it uses the same air inlet (bottom of the airbox - snorkle) as supplied from FoMoCo.

Hows2nd

Reaction score
I've been running the banks ram-air set up since November. I've had no issues with it whatsoever. The fit and finish are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk