Bank 2, sensor 1 Location.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uly

Reaction score
Hello to everyone on the forums. I have a 2013 Ford Raptor and just got the P0151 code (Bank 2, Sensor 1). Will this be on the driver side or passenger side? Thank you in advance guys!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To figure out what bank is what in a vehicle just look at the manufacturers firing order. Bank 1 will be cylinder 1. Cylinder 1 is usually the furthest cylinder forward. Right hand side in a Ford, left hand in a Chevy etc.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To figure out what bank is what in a vehicle just look at the manufacturers firing order. Bank 1 will be cylinder 1. Cylinder 1 is usually the furthest cylinder forward. Right hand side in a Ford, left hand in a Chevy etc.
That depends, most sites and service manuals take into consideration that you make the determination looking at the front of the engine.

Manufacturers identified the engine sides differently. Some manufacturers may assign the left side of the engine as Bank 1 and the right as Bank 2. The best way to determine which side is Bank 1 or Bank 2 is to check the vehicle's service manual. On most vehicles, Bank 1 is referring to the side of the engine where the #1 cylinder is located.
https://autocodes.com/articles/8/what-is-bank-1-and-bank-2.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uly

Uly

Reaction score
That depends, most sites and service manuals take into consideration that you make the determination looking at the front of the engine.

Manufacturers identified the engine sides differently. Some manufacturers may assign the left side of the engine as Bank 1 and the right as Bank 2. The best way to determine which side is Bank 1 or Bank 2 is to check the vehicle's service manual. On most vehicles, Bank 1 is referring to the side of the engine where the #1 cylinder is located.
https://autocodes.com/articles/8/what-is-bank-1-and-bank-2.html

OP
OP
Uly

Uly

Reaction score
Yea, this is why it was confusing to me, cause a lot of people were saying that it was on the passenger side, but I’m assuming bank 2, sensor 1 will be on the driver side.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, this is why it was confusing to me, cause a lot of people were saying that it was on the passenger side, but I’m assuming bank 2, sensor 1 will be on the driver side.
No need to assume, on the Ford 6.2L, cylinder 1 is on the passenger side on the front of the engine, so that's bank 1.

Just like I copied and pasted earlier:
"On most vehicles, Bank 1 is referring to the side of the engine where the #1 cylinder is located."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uly

Uly

Reaction score
No need to assume, on the Ford 6.2L, cylinder 1 is on the passenger on the front of the engine, so that's bank 1.

Just like I copied and pasted earlier:
"On most vehicles, Bank 1 is referring to the side of the engine where the #1 cylinder is located."
Thank you MTF