Bank 1 sensor 1 constant fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had engine check engine light come on and I read codes, it said all four O2 sensors were faulty. I thought there’s no way all four go bad at the same time so I cleaned MAF sensor and no more check engine light, that was a year ago and haven’t thrown any codes since. Worth a try.

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had engine check engine light come on and I read codes, it said all four O2 sensors were faulty. I thought there’s no way all four go bad at the same time so I cleaned MAF sensor and no more check engine light, that was a year ago and haven’t thrown any codes since. Worth a try.

I did clean the maf and the filter. The odd part is I’m not getting a code for low voltage anymore I’m getting one for p2626 which is fuel trim circuit open bank 1. That’s the only code now but the truck runs fine. The fuel trim goes a little rich on bank 1 but the truck runs fine. So confusing and irritating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did clean the maf and the filter. The odd part is I’m not getting a code for low voltage anymore I’m getting one for p2626 which is fuel trim circuit open bank 1. That’s the only code now but the truck runs fine. The fuel trim goes a little rich on bank 1 but the truck runs fine. So confusing and irritating

That’s just frustrating, sounds like an electrical gremlin, I wish I could be helpful but your issues have me stumped.

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 3 weeks of headaches and aggravation I pulled the harness out for the trans and o2 sensors and found this. From the factory they route the wire loom over a stud sticking out of the firewall and it rubbed a hole in the sensor power wire. I’m so relieved finally

99750f4189b691407cb7ae2d2d59dfa8.jpg

60095484ec60f9243c929355e5b9b783.jpg

shawnbond007

Reaction score
Hey Roush 2012. What did you find out to be your problem on the Bank 1 lean code you were having. I am having the some of the same problems with my 2014 SVT Raptor. Out of the blue, mine started throwing a code starting about 1 year ago with P219A Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance. Then it went to P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2. Then P219B Bank 2 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance. Then it threw all four codes P2096, P2098, P2019A and P2019B. I have changed both upstream O2 Sensors, Canister Purge Valve, foamed the throttle bottle/intake manifold, checked for vacuum leaks and checked the tune every time. Took it to one of the ford dealers and they stated everything checked fine. A different dealer stated that they have been replacing ECM/PCM on some of the trucks they have been working on which fixed the problem. I am really tired of throwing money at parts that don't need to be replaced.

What fixed your truck?

shawnbond007

Reaction score
Sorry about that. I got the rest of the feed after posting my reply. I will check that on mine to see. If anyone else has any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Roush 2012. What did you find out to be your problem on the Bank 1 lean code you were having. I am having the some of the same problems with my 2014 SVT Raptor. Out of the blue, mine started throwing a code starting about 1 year ago with P219A Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance. Then it went to P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 2. Then P219B Bank 2 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance. Then it threw all four codes P2096, P2098, P2019A and P2019B. I have changed both upstream O2 Sensors, Canister Purge Valve, foamed the throttle bottle/intake manifold, checked for vacuum leaks and checked the tune every time. Took it to one of the ford dealers and they stated everything checked fine. A different dealer stated that they have been replacing ECM/PCM on some of the trucks they have been working on which fixed the problem. I am really tired of throwing money at parts that don't need to be replaced.

What fixed your truck?
What Tune is running on the truck?