Bang for your buck brake improvements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think stainless lines would be best first upgrade on Gen2 my 19 SCAB is real squishy but seems to stop decent , I'm a bit spoiled because i did Alcon BBK and SDHQ lines on my 2010 SCAB last november. That sucker will put you through windshield when you start laying into them. There is no squishy ness at all on the 2010 the pedal is right there. I used Motul DOT 5.1 when i did the Alcons

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think stainless lines would be best first upgrade on Gen2 my 19 SCAB is real squishy but seems to stop decent , I'm a bit spoiled because i did Alcon BBK and SDHQ lines on my 2010 SCAB last november. That sucker will put you through windshield when you start laying into them. There is not squishy ness at all on the 2010 the pedal is right there. I used Motul DOT 5.1 when i did the Alcons
I'm really curious about how those compare to stock brakes with a race aggressive pad like i run

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure , but it was quantum leap from oem hardware and somewhat aggressive street pad to the Alcon setup. My gen one is heavy with chase rack 2 spare 37's open country MT . I can get ABS to kick in on dry pavement now with the alcons and 37's. No way was that happening with OEM hardawre.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure , but it was quantum leap from oem hardware and somewhat aggressive street pad to the Alcon setup. My gen one is heavy with chase rack 2 spare 37's open country MT . I can get ABS to kick in on dry pavement now with the alcons and 37's. No way was that happening with OEM hardawre.
I can do that with the pads i run with 37s no chase rack or dual spares though. How is the dust and brake squeal with the alcon setup?