GEN 1 Ballistic fabrication diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this cover and can tell me how much oil they used? Says it’ll increase the capacity but doesn’t say exactly how much. I just want to make sure i buy enough oil before i pull the cover off

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just called and ask and they said 2 quarts .. but by the tone of the person I spoke to ... I don't think he really knows. I am pretty sure, oem cover takes 4 quarts. I was told 2 quarts and then drive it around? LOL!

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. They replied to my email as well. Said it shouldn’t be more than 2 more quarts. Guess I’ll by 6 and have some extra

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If this really takes 2 then I would not run it. 2 quarts is a 50% reduction from oem. Most aftermarket rear diff covers for the Ford 9.75 are oversized to run an extra quart for a total of 5.

BUT if you do run this cover please post pics and how many quarts you end up running.

Thank you!

Haha. They replied to my email as well. Said it shouldn’t be more than 2 more quarts. Guess I’ll by 6 and have some extra

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took their response to mean an additional 2 quarts. I agree. 2 quarts total would not be good.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this cover bare metal? Or do you think it is coated? If it is bare metal then I can see it not looking very good in a very short period of time.