Balancing Amber vs. White

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have only 3 pods in each side of bumper….2 are amber and 1 white.

How are you configured here?

My squadrons are contributing zero when I fire up the bigger off road lights. Right now I have spot/combo/SAE all white. I’m going to reconfigure
probably ditching the spots as I don’t use them for distance so much as in close.

Thinking either
combo white/combo amber/SAE
or
wide corner white/combo amber/sae

in either case, I’m going to aim the combos to be less offensive to any potential on coming drivers- won’t be using them as fogs, but I will use them on dark roads with no oncoming traffic once in a while and don’t really need distance lighting in the corners.

Fog is legit where I’m at so definitely want something that might get some extra visibility.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go Smurfslayer. Inners are combos outer is a spread. BD’s. All the light I want. If I was night time desert running I might have more. I do not typically have a use for these on street as the factory lights are fine with me. These are non DOT.

If I’m out in the boonies at night I will use them when needed and am super quick to flick ‘em off if oncoming traffic is observed.
I decided to not bother with sae since they’re weaker and Im happy with the setup

1643570144897.jpeg

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me the Baja Designs lights are so bright that when I would drive extended periods offroad and had all my lights on that the white lights would make my eyes hurt. Im sure it was just me being a ***** but I swapped them to all Ambers. I love it. Still has so much output that I can see for a long ways but much easier on my eyes. So Amber in everything now except for 1 S2 in my GJ motorsports 3rd brake light.
I have now put the SAE fogs with a wide cornering lens in amber and I really like the output . Have them in my SVC bumper with a little bit of an angle out.

Attachments

• 20220122_133606.jpg
    20220122_133606.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 21

smurfslayer

Reaction score
So I got my new squadron pros mounted, now have SAE/amber combo/white combo per side. I also re-aimed them down a bit except for the SAE.

I re-tasked my old sq/pro spots to my RMAX.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me the Baja Designs lights are so bright that when I would drive extended periods offroad and had all my lights on that the white lights would make my eyes hurt. Im sure it was just me being a ***** but I swapped them to all Ambers. I love it. Still has so much output that I can see for a long ways but much easier on my eyes. So Amber in everything now except for 1 S2 in my GJ motorsports 3rd brake light.
I have now put the SAE fogs with a wide cornering lens in amber and I really like the output . Have them in my SVC bumper with a little bit of an angle out.
nice

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
So I got my new squadron pros mounted, now have SAE/amber combo/white combo per side. I also re-aimed them down a bit except for the SAE.

I re-tasked my old sq/pro spots to my RMAX.

I forgot to mention when I posted this.

If you’re thinking about mounting your brand spanking new lights and don’t have a tube of anti-seize compound handy,

STOP. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Do not mount those lights.

Wait for the anti-seize to arrive. Apply GENEROUSLY to those accursed hex head screws that secure the squadron lights, or the normal bolts for LP/XL series lights.

Because if you ever have designs about aiming them differently or removing them / retasking them, they will laugh at you loudly. The good news is, after about a year of weathering, you don’t need anti-theft screws, God will definitely protect your B/D lights from theft ;-)

I don’t even want to think about the other 4 lights mounted in the fog pockets.