Bakflip VP long term issues

Discussion in 'Tonneau Factory Outlet' started by bucktown, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Prybar

Prybar Full Access Member

I don't recall what I paid for the VP. Seems like it was close to a grand. Sure seems like it was too much money to be disposable. Or even consumable. I'll let you all know what I find out after speaking with Morrie.

2. Prybar

Just to update:
    I just got off the phone with Morrie and he took care of me as I expected he would. He acknowledged that the VP is known to have issues and mine lasted longer than most. He said they are lucky to get a year out of them normally! I was ready to upgrade and try a different style anyway so I went ahead and purchased a Revolver X2 at what I believe to be a very fair price. I would recommend you get ahold of him and see what he is willing to do for you. Hope that helps,
    Jay

3. bucktown

bucktown Full Access Member

Thanks for the update, I will do just that. Time to look at other models I suppose, hopefully something comparable in weight and profile. I'll post up with my results.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. Prybar

Yeah, let us know which one you decide on. I am hoping the mechanism that latches the revolver doesn't become a problem in the winter. Time will tell I guess.