Bakflip revolver x4 or mx4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now it’s weird that they are not related given that realtruck seems to be the one managing bakflip website while bakindistries is the official brand website!

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bakflip.com is RealTruck (also know as Auto Customs at AutoCustoms.com) who is just a retailer. BakIndustries.com is Bak's website. Bak is owned by Truck Hero. Personally, I think RealTruck fools many customers when they go to bakflip.com. I believe many customers think they are at Bak's website.

GaRaptor

Reaction score
I don't think its intentional either ... it's just another example of how confusing large corporations have become . I don't necessarily like having to pay a restocking fee if I don't like how something turns out , even in mint condition ... but hey , they can't all be like Amazon Prime !
Bakflip.com is RealTruck (also know as Auto Customs at AutoCustoms.com) who is just a retailer. BakIndustries.com is Bak's website. Bak is owned by Truck Hero. Personally, I think RealTruck fools many customers when they go to bakflip.com. I believe many customers think they are at Bak's website.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Roger33

Reaction score
I just installed the BAKFLIP MX4 on Friday. Installed really easy and pretty happy with it so far. It sits flush and looks good.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the weight different between the F1, x4 and the mx4? Any noticeable differences?

Also does the X4 do a good job of keeping the water out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GaRaptor

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to come in Friday via FedEx. It was out for delivery and never came . Then updated to deliver on Saturday home delivery .... never came . I absolutely hate FedEx with a passion . We always have trouble with them at work. So pissed I wanted to install this weekend .

Roger , did you run your drain lines down low through the bed pass thrus, or up high through the little holes on the side of the bed inside the back bed pockets ? I saw a post where someone had figured out a way to get them to fit there and I cannot decide which route to take.
I just installed the BAKFLIP MX4 on Friday. Installed really easy and pretty happy with it so far. It sits flush and looks good.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the weight different between the F1, x4 and the mx4? Any noticeable differences?

Also does the X4 do a good job of keeping the water out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weight is roughly the same with all of them. Even the polycarbonate of the F1 isn't noticeably lighter than aluminized setup. They all do a fairly good job of staying sealed, but I personally haven't had any issues with water getting into the MX4 on our shop truck.

Roger33

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to come in Friday via FedEx. It was out for delivery and never came . Then updated to deliver on Saturday home delivery .... never came . I absolutely hate FedEx with a passion . We always have trouble with them at work. So pissed I wanted to install this weekend .

Roger , did you run your drain lines down low through the bed pass thrus, or up high through the little holes on the side of the bed inside the back bed pockets ? I saw a post where someone had figured out a way to get them to fit there and I cannot decide which route to take.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

GaRaptor,
I too am disappointed with FedEx. It was supposed to have been delivered on Wednesday and sat in their warehouse until Friday.....anyhow, I have not installed the drains yet, I saw the thread that you are talking about and I think that I am going to go that route instead of the kit that comes with it. I don't want to drill any holes and want to use the existing holes up high. A sharp 90 degree fitting will work perfect for that.
Hope this helps.
Roger