Bakflip revolver x4 or mx4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I had known this 6 months ago. Does the F1 allow you to shut the tailgate with it down, tho? That's a critical feature IMO

Yes. I can open and shut my tailgate with the F1 closed. As far as I know, it is exactly the same as the MX4, other than it is composite vs aluminum. It is glossy black, as was mentioned.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Bak Revolver X4 from my 2018 raptor for sale. im putting an ARE cap on it. i just have tall items i need to transport frequently and want them out of the rain, weather. love the BAK products, have had the mx4 previously, that was great. i think the X4 offers a bit more functionality and is very aesthetically solid when rolled up.
anyway, ive only had it less than 3 months. in perfect condition. its in New Jersey up north.
would take $500 for it, plus shipping which probably would be in the 50ish range.
PM if interested.
Has anyone bought a new Bakflip revolver x4 ? I was set on getting a mx4 but now the revolver has me undecided. Any thoughts I called Bakflip said they will do the revolver x4 for $795 or the mx4 for $725 shipped

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Bak Revolver X4 from my 2018 raptor for sale. im putting an ARE cap on it. i just have tall items i need to transport frequently and want them out of the rain, weather. love the BAK products, have had the mx4 previously, that was great. i think the X4 offers a bit more functionality and is very aesthetically solid when rolled up.
anyway, ive only had it less than 3 months. in perfect condition. its in New Jersey up north.
would take $500 for it, plus shipping which probably would be in the 50ish range.
PM if interested.
ooops. duped. but yes, still available.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MX4 has a pretty good warranty at 5 years, but the Truck Gear Stealth cover (which is a rebadged MX4) has a lifetime warranty. There's also a Truck Gear LXP cover (has LINE-X on the panels) that comes with a lifetime warranty.

GaRaptor

Reaction score
I ordered an mx4 today from the bakflip website. If you call in you get a 20% discount off retail!!! Total was 752

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

GaRaptor

Reaction score
I ordered an mx4 today from the bakflip website. If you call in you get a 20% discount off retail!!! Total was 752

Well the invoice says from realtruck. I think they are the parent company or something... the rep on the phone said that he had the composite one and wished he had gotten the aluminum made cover because his composite had already faded out and the aluminum is supposed to hold up better. Also the matte black doesn't show scratches as much. Everything on my truck is matte so that's why I went with the mx4 primarily. I'll post before and after pictures if it comes in before the weekend .

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realtruck is not a parent company and you were not on Bak's website. Bak does not sell directly online. Bak's website is BakIndustries.com.