BakFlip MX4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? Reason for selling? Was looking at getting one.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the flip the cover up in order to shut the tailgate without it catching on the seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the flip the cover up in order to shut the tailgate without it catching on the seal?

I believe the MX4 can be completely flipped down and still be able to open and close the tailgate. I have the older G2 and that one needs to be flipped up.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the MX4 can be completely flipped down and still be able to open and close the tailgate. I have the older G2 and that one needs to be flipped up.

That’s nice, I have the undercover flex and I have to flip it up every time. From the looks of it it looks identical to the MX4

jrsteeno

Reaction score

This is correct. Tailgate can be opened (with remote open also) and closed with the cover down.

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? Reason for selling? Was looking at getting one.

I like the BakFlip fine. I'm torn about selling it since it's worked so well. It gets coated with West TX dust and cleans up just fine. Got a car wash up in Fargo this morning and the cover looks new. So yes...I do like it. The BakBox comes in handy too.

I'm going to be needing to use the bed differently soon. Yakima roof top tent, ARB fridge, second battery and second spare tire - all in/on the bed. This means getting a retractable cover.

If I was to not use the tent often I could keep the BakFlip.

My people tell me that the Yakima rack system with tent is going to be compatible with the Retrax Pro MX TR that's coming out in August. The tonneau will have a track built in that'll work with the Yakima system.

Last edited: