Bakflip MX4 vs F1 vs VP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number?

Yup,
https://accessories.ford.com/cover-tonneau-11599.html

I really like the look of the cover, it adds some security which makes more sense with our locking tailgates.

I installed it myself, pretty straightforward. A little bit fussy if you want to be able to slam the tailgate while the top is closed, just involves proper adjustment, as far as alignment goes.

I have had a couple instances where I wish it was easier to remove the cover completely.

Truxedo has the new ProX15 listed now which is lower than the Lopro, and not the usual shiny vinyl, but a matte material. Advantage is easy removal and storage under the back seat, but less security of a soft cover.

http://www.truxedo.com/p-37209-truxedo-pro-x15-truck-bed-cover.html

Last edited:

drjbeyer

Reaction score
I have MX4 & installed it myself. I really like the clean, flush look. The only draw back I'm having is that the tailgate closing. The last panel has the triple rubber seal & it's really snug. So much so that the power tailgate release opens, but the tailgate won't come down. I have to manually pull it open. Is it something that I did wrong on the install or are others ng this issue??

I am having the exact same issue. My dealer is supposedly calling BakFlip to see if there is a compromise between snugness (water tight) and allowing power gate to release to open. I will post if I find anything..

JSTi07

Reaction score
I too like the concept of the revolver x2 but I decided to go with the mx4 so I could mount my bike to the top.

If anyone is interested I still have the Revolver X2 and am looking to sell it.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. My dealer is supposedly calling BakFlip to see if there is a compromise between snugness (water tight) and allowing power gate to release to open. I will post if I find anything..

I too had this issue with my MX4 at first, but I was able to resolve on my own. With the cover installed and laid flat, I loosened the front black plastic installation nuts, tapped the cover as far forward as it would go, went commando up through the bed with the cover down and tightened the nuts. I think the cover was shifting backwards slightly when I folded it up first and then tightened the lock nuts.

Shifting the cover all the way forward combined with the first hot/sunny day to soften the seal(s) and my tailgate now drops easily even when I'm parked facing downhill.

BTW, I love this cover.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too had this issue with my MX4 at first, but I was able to resolve on my own. With the cover installed and laid flat, I loosened the front black plastic installation nuts, tapped the cover as far forward as it would go, went commando up through the bed with the cover down and tightened the nuts. I think the cover was shifting backwards slightly when I folded it up first and then tightened the lock nuts.

I too did this when I installed it in January and have not had an issue with the remote tailgate release or any water leaking with my F1 cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKW05GT

Reaction score
MX4 looks great and matt finish is a perfect match with top rails. No leaks or tail gate issues and easy install. Had VP on 13 Platinum which also performed perfect but like style and durability of hard cover on MX4 better.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
does the MX4 on the raptor require drain tubes? I had the MX4 on my previous truck (not ford) and still leaked a bit

Also, is the F1 newer than the MX4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20