Bak Revolver X4s vs. Retrax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXtor

Reaction score
Hold the phone! I "just" took delivery of my X4 and I am NOT happy -- coming from the X2, btw. I would NOT order until I come back on this. I'm not going to go-off without talking to them first, in all fairness. I may have received the wrong model/fit (rails at least). BUT, even if wrong rails, the flimsy corner pieces at t-gate seems like a future and ongoing constant nightmare. They're flimsy as hell, unsupported on two side of a rectangle, and held on by one tiny little wussy-plastic pin as lame as the whole corner. I need to find out more about this. That corner alone could be a deal killer. Bummer, my X2 was so good.
Thanks for the information, this really isn’t covered on any of the install or review videos I have seen.
I have the revolver x4. Really no issues with it for the last 2+ years I've had it, it repels water well enough, rolls up nicely, and isn't too bad to take completely off if necessary.
could you take corner pics please and post?

Attachments

• tempImage58LbGd.png
    tempImage58LbGd.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImagedHA5Lp.png
    tempImagedHA5Lp.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImagemj1gzL.png
    tempImagemj1gzL.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImaged1MAcY.png
    tempImaged1MAcY.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • tempImageELCtN3.png
    tempImageELCtN3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 47

ATXtor

Reaction score
Braaaaptor, firstly, I had to consciously count the "a's" in your name, and secondly, would you please post corner pics of your X4 on your Raptor please? They told me it was a new product too, didn't sound like "years." I wonder if it was revised.

Braaap! A-Level Enduro Rider; Husky 350 but prob Beta 390 next

Last edited:

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braaaaptor, firstly, I had to consciously count the "a's" in your name, and secondly, would you please post corner pics of your X4 on your Raptor please? They told me it was a new product too, didn't sound like "years." I wonder if it was revised.

Braaap! A-Level Enduro Rider; Husky 350 but prob Beta 390 next
It's 4 a's, I have to count it out too ;)

I noticed yours is an X4s where I just have the lowly X4 but yours definitely seems misaligned and not correct. Like you said, you might have received the wrong parts because it's supposed to be flush fit.

20221022_092038.jpg20221022_092042.jpg

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Retrax on my Gen2. Great cover however, I did not care for losing the small sq. ft. lost due to the canister fitting inside the bed. I decided to try the X4S, which was delivered yesterday actually. I like the fact that it’s flush with the bed rails however, when it is rolled up, it won’t block much of my rear view and will have the ability to use all of my bed.

KB Voodoo Fabrications

Reaction score
I had the Retrax on my Gen2. Great cover however, I did not care for losing the small sq. ft. lost due to the canister fitting inside the bed. I decided to try the X4S, which was delivered yesterday actually. I like the fact that it’s flush with the bed rails however, when it is rolled up, it won’t block much of my rear view and will have the ability to use all of my bed.

I have the X4S on my Tacoma. It's a very good cover, and our racks are compatible with it.