BAK Industries: Great Customer Service!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shortly after I purchased my 2013 SCab, I bought the new BakFlip VP. I loved the look and feel of the cover. However, after about a year and a half, the vinyl started cracking and then last month part of the vinyl started peeling back from the cover. I didn't purchase it from Morrie, but I spoke to Morrie and he gave me the contact info for BAK's customer service rep Frankie Soto. After speaking with him via email and showing him pictures, he later sent me an email stating that he was sending me out a replacement cover. Now THAT is customer service. Props to them for standing behind their product no questions asked.

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I PM'd ya the email Drew. I would post it here but I have no clue if it's not proper email etiquette to post an email address publicly or not. I'll gladly give it to anyone who asks. Morrie gave it to me and it may be on BAK's website but I'm not sure.

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did I just get lucky? I first contacted them on 7/1/14 and I received my replacement cover (cover only) on 7/21. My experience was a very positive one. I did mention the FRF in my email per the advice of Morrie. Does that have anything to do with it?

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did I just get lucky? I first contacted them on 7/1/14 and I received my replacement cover (cover only) on 7/21. My experience was a very positive one. I did mention the FRF in my email per the advice of Morrie. Does that have anything to do with it?

That might have helped. Morrie has sold a lot of covers here. I bought an F1 from him and some Weathertechs.

OP
OP
B

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have regardless of Morrie's advice or not. I generally designate if I am part of a forum when corresponding with companies who have a large amount of consumers on the various forums I frequent. Forums can be a form of marketing after all.

Good luck to those who have issues with their BAK products. I hope it goes as smoothly as mine did. My friend who drives a Rock Warrior bought a VP as well (after he saw mine) and he had an issue with it after a couple of weeks. He didn't plan on contacting them until I told him of how my experience went. I told him he has nothing to lose. Frankly, I didn't expect to get the great response that I did, but I was very impressed and wanted to express that here since 9 times out of 10, you only hear about the bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free