Baja Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a Raptor Run in Baja next year and have a buddy with a F-350 Tremor that would like to go also. For those of you that have done a Baja run, could a Tremor do it? If it could do it, would it be so slow that it would be annoying to everyone else on the trip? I'm not sure if any of the organizers would even let a Tremor on the run. I just thought I'd ask those of you with Baja experience before encouraging or discouraging the idea.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In one of the more recent Baja raptor runs, if i remember right Cameron steele drove the monster energy tremor on a run. Don’t recall all my of the supporting mods they had on it though.

OP
OP
T

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Okay, so it will make it but will be really slow. Will it be so slow that it will annoy other participants? Should I tell him it’s not a good idea to do the run?

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tremor would be able to do it but it would be much slower. I know there are more moderate base runs like the overland style and you see HD trucks on those but, even then, most will have a Carli or Thuren setup.

Wouldn't recommend it if it is stock just because it wouldn't be nearly as fun. Tell them to roll with you in your Raptor.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things I can add. First, contact the company you're going with. An email to them and asking them will get you the answer.

Second, it's up to the driver how fast you go. The run I was on last year (and going next week!), the head guy will tell you drive at 80%, what you feel comfortable with. He said there will be sometimes 20 miles between each truck, and he was right. There were times I didn't see a truck for hours. The fast guys are just that, FAST! They've been on plenty of runs, and just go. I thought I had a nice speed on the smoother parts (around 80), guys passed me like I was standing still LOL. It's not a race, it's a fun time.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen what the locals drive down there? I think you'll be fine.

Also, 20 MILES between trucks? Damn. That doesnt sound fun. Baja rules for us is you cruise together everywhere, spread a little when its dusty, and wait at any change in direction until the next person is in sight.

You don't need wildly built trucks to go to Mexico.