GEN 2 Baja Squadron Pro Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LeboRaptor

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info

That is exactly what I got BD SAE’s with the black shield inside this is probably why they don’t give out any light.

Do you think I should just swap them out to Sports or Change the lenses?

When you changed the lenses did you notice a lot more light out put.
Maybe I should just change the lenses.

Look at this guy, he pops in lighting up a damn mountainside lol

But honestly I agree with what he said and he helped me out a while back.

Running driving combo sports let alone pros on the street will be way to bright either way for oncoming traffic. It’s a great light setup in either sport or pro, but your stuck aiming them down to even make them useable on the street and being bumper mounted the spots are already at a disadvantage with not being higher up to project effectively. I have a set on my truck and very bright farther reaching light. But can’t rarely use them around town unless it’s a dead street.

If you have the newer BD SAE’s with the black shield inside, immediately ditch that lens and replace it with a wide cornering clear lens. A got an updated SAE set and thought they had little output to the point I was going to return them. Once I ordered the WC lens set, I was much happier and a bit more light. They still aren’t pro’s but they they are more on the legal side and puts more useable light in front of the truck and compliments the headlights. You can still only aim them so far from the front of the truck before the light vanishes away.

I also have WC Squadrons in amber and really live these. Just don’t aim them too high or people will think a spaceship is landing in front of them. They light up everything around and the ambers just do it I a different way. Not to mention giving your truck an aggressive front appearance when lit.

If you want a farther reaching very potent light set you can use only here and there, get the DC Pro’s as well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the info

That is exactly what I got BD SAE’s with the black shield inside this is probably why they don’t give out any light.

Do you think I should just swap them out to Sports or Change the lenses?

When you changed the lenses did you notice a lot more light out put.
Maybe I should just change the lenses.

Yes you have the updated SAE’s and I found it to cutoff a lot of light just to be truly SAE compliant. To be honest even with a new set of WC lenses on them(SAE’s), there power output is like like 2350 lumens. As compared to 3100 or so for the WC Sports, which are my Ambers.

But I found the SAE’s to be pretty decent after changing the lenses and kept them, as these are the lights I use most of the time on the highway or in town. Together with the headlights they work well. Nothing to be confused with daylight, but you won’t blind incoming traffic. Most of the light will be right in front of your truck literally.

Depending on how much room you have, add a set of Driving Combo Sports or Pro’s to get some farther reaching crazy light down road when you can use them. Again you won’t be able to use this with any oncoming traffic.

Again Ambers are also nice in WC Sports and if you aim them down you can use these on road. Even Sports are bright and about all you can use on road if aimed down enough.

My response is long, but I’m trying to give you the feedback from my use and observations. Using bright lights on road with traffic is such a fine line and so easy to cross over with too bright a light or too high of adjustment to plain start blinding on coming traffic. Not much of a way around it. Off road you can go hog wild.

OP
OP
LeboRaptor

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back i am going to order a set of sport WC and compare.

Yes you have the updated SAE’s and I found it to cutoff a lot of light just to be truly SAE compliant. To be honest even with a new set of WC lenses on them(SAE’s), there power output is like like 2350 lumens. As compared to 3100 or so for the WC Sports, which are my Ambers.

But I found the SAE’s to be pretty decent after changing the lenses and kept them, as these are the lights I use most of the time on the highway or in town. Together with the headlights they work well. Nothing to be confused with daylight, but you won’t blind incoming traffic. Most of the light will be right in front of your truck literally.

Depending on how much room you have, add a set of Driving Combo Sports or Pro’s to get some farther reaching crazy light down road when you can use them. Again you won’t be able to use this with any oncoming traffic.

Again Ambers are also nice in WC Sports and if you aim them down you can use these on road. Even Sports are bright and about all you can use on road if aimed down enough.

My response is long, but I’m trying to give you the feedback from my use and observations. Using bright lights on road with traffic is such a fine line and so easy to cross over with too bright a light or too high of adjustment to plain start blinding on coming traffic. Not much of a way around it. Off road you can go hog wild.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back i am going to order a set of sport WC and compare.

If you compare the as is SAE’s to the Sport WC, the Sports will for sure put out a bit more lighting. Your just going to have to aim them down a bit.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

So i installed the ADD Pro bolt on with BAJA Squadron lighting

Baja Designs Squadron Pro White Driving/Combo
Baja Designs Squadron Amber SAE
Baja Designs Squadron White SAE

I expected the SAE lighting to be a bit brighter then what they are. I know the are made for street but i don't feel like they are bright at all. Anyways so i wanted to switch them out to PRO but i can't made a decision on which combination to get. I am mostly on streets and i don't feel like i need a spot for sure. So i was thinking of either going with

Option 1
Baja Designs Squadron Pro White Wide Cornering
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Wide Cornering

Option 2
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Wide Cornering

Is there any video on youtube that show reviews on different lighting pattern on a raptor i tried searching did not find anything good.

Also a big thanks to Chris @FordRaptorLights.com awesome customer service quick responses and great pricing.

See attached picture of current setup

IMG_0110-scaled.jpeg

IMG_0111-2-scaled.jpeg

IMG_0112-scaled.jpeg

For your light pattern setup, I would recommend doing the following.

Baja Designs Squadron Pro White Spot (Inside)
Baja Designs Squadron Pro White Driving/Combo (Middle)
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Wide Cornering (Outside)

This way you get a smooth transition between each pair of lights, and executes your long, mid, and near field vision. For either amber or clear, it just depends on the conditions you'll see the most. Amber is better for dust, snow, rain, or fog. Clear is better for clean conditions. Just as a disclaimer, the Squadron Sport and Squadron Pro are NOT street legal lights. They would be too bright to use with oncoming traffic and blind them.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Look at this guy, he pops in lighting up a damn mountainside lol

But honestly I agree with what he said and he helped me out a while back.

Running driving combo sports let alone pros on the street will be way to bright either way for oncoming traffic. It’s a great light setup in either sport or pro, but your stuck aiming them down to even make them useable on the street and being bumper mounted the spots are already at a disadvantage with not being higher up to project effectively. I have a set on my truck and very bright farther reaching light. But can’t rarely use them around town unless it’s a dead street.

If you have the newer BD SAE’s with the black shield inside, immediately ditch that lens and replace it with a wide cornering clear lens. A got an updated SAE set and thought they had little output to the point I was going to return them. Once I ordered the WC lens set, I was much happier and a bit more light. They still aren’t pro’s but they they are more on the legal side and puts more useable light in front of the truck and compliments the headlights. You can still only aim them so far from the front of the truck before the light vanishes away.

I also have WC Squadrons in amber and really live these. Just don’t aim them too high or people will think a spaceship is landing in front of them. They light up everything around and the ambers just do it I a different way. Not to mention giving your truck an aggressive front appearance when lit.

If you want a farther reaching very potent light set you can use only here and there, get the DC Pro’s as well.

I would not condone that, because the updated lens is what maintains it's SAE certification. Without it, the light is no longer street legal.