Baja SAE or SPORT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@4x4TruckLEDs.com

I'm torn between the following since I'm switching out bumpers I can either stick with:

Squadron Pro Spot
Squadron Pro Driving Combo
Squadron SAE white

or do this:

Squadron Pro Racer
Squadron Pro Driving Combo
Squadron Pro Wide Amber (or SAE amber)

What are your thoughts? I kind of like having the SAE for fog lights, but they really aren't that bright compared to the others.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SAE are not as bright as others, true, because they are designed to be street legal. If you do Pros you can't run them at all on public roads, way too bright.

So I'd say do the Squadron Pro Spot, Driving/Combo and then then SAE. This way you have something for street use and something for off-road use.

I plan to do Squadron SAE in White + Amber and then Squadron Pro Driving/Combos on my own truck

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAE are not as bright as others, true, because they are designed to be street legal. If you do Pros you can't run them at all on public roads, way too bright.

So I'd say do the Squadron Pro Spot, Driving/Combo and then then SAE. This way you have something for street use and something for off-road use.

I plan to do Squadron SAE in White + Amber and then Squadron Pro Driving/Combos on my own truck

Good point, I do like to use them daily and for the street they are bright.

What do you think of:

Squadron Racer Spots, Driving/Combo, SAE amber?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's a nice setup. SAE for everyday use. Then you can throw the driving/combo on when you're "offroading" and the racers are good when you REALLY want to throw light.

Although may I suggest you go with Squadron Pro Spots over Racers UNLESS You think you're going to be doing some high-speed driving at night "off road"

Not to ya know down sell you and put less $$ in our account, but I rather steer you in the right direction. The racers are really only used for folks who REALLY want that light to go WAY down road. If you don't think you'll need it ALL the way down there, spots would be better and you'd get more use out of them. But hey, i'll sell ya the racers if you really want em :) I just like to point people in the right direction.