Baja S2 Pro’s vs Ice storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a post last year where someone said that the LED lighting would not be good during the winter because they would not melt the snow and ice. Unfortunately I could not locate the post to reply, so I thought I’d post a couple of pics of my wife’s truck after driving all day through a rain/ice/snow storm in Indiana/Illinois/Wisconsin. The S2’s were on the entire trip to make us more visible to other traffic. The slush froze onto the front of the headlights and cut the headlight output dramatically. The S2’s were actually putting more light on the road than my headlights were. The rest of the lights on the Baja Unlimited kit installed on the truck did not get used because we were on the freeway in traffic the entire time. Compare the other lights to the S2’s. I had not touched any of the lights when I took these pics. The rest of the lights are wired through an upfitter switch to engage with the high beam headlights. We use them constantly when we are around home in northern Minnesota, the amount of light output is incredible and so far (knock on wood) they have enabled us to see deer far enough out that we have avoided hitting one with either one of our trucks.

All in all, for anyone thinking about adding lights, I highly recommend going with the Baja Unlimited kit if you are going for quality and light output. And as an added bonus they automatically deice!

17-D0-F878-B109-429-D-927-D-13-B53-CD9-C25-E.jpg

60302-F74-DEE3-40-B0-B93-E-B22-A9-E23-D1-FB.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Pro and Unlimited kits are some of our best sellers. For those who are curious what the difference is

Pro gives you S2 Sports
Unlimited gives you S2 Pros

Pro and Unlimited both give you Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

Pro gives you Squadron Pro Spots
Unlimited gives you Squadron Racer Edition Spots

I love how folks say "LEDs won't melt snow" yeah??? Turn your Bajas on for 5 a few minutes and then put your hand on the housing... bet you don't keep your hand on the housing too long. The Pros as an example do get hot (what you think that big metal housing is for, decoration? lol it's a big heat sink)

HankTheTank

Reaction score
I recently had this issue driving through a snowstorm in the north east. My head lights seemed very dim and then I remembered I have fancy cool and efficient LEDs...
Had to pull over and clean them off.