Baja Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you do this hobby long enough, you end up with one of those.

While not anywhere near as bad, I have a special rock that I visit outside of bay of LA. My passenger side doors remember it vividly.

there is also a cactus in Tucson that I daydream about lighting on fire.
I've overcooked a slightly decreasing radius left hander ~10 miles south of LA Bay that had a nice size rock on the outside of the turn after the exit. Managed to avoid it while scaring the hell out of everyone else in the truck :)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've overcooked a slightly decreasing radius left hander ~10 miles south of LA Bay that had a nice size rock on the outside of the turn after the exit. Managed to avoid it while scaring the hell out of everyone else in the truck :)

if it is as big as a car and a mile or two south of panchos, same freaking one. :)

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
when you do this hobby long enough, you end up with one of those.

While not anywhere near as bad, I have a special rock that I visit outside of bay of LA. My passenger side doors remember it vividly.

there is also a cactus in Tucson that I daydream about lighting on fire.

I've got a "WTF Corner" from when I owned my 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi. I buried the truck to the axels in rotten snow. It was at that point that I realized the value of true locking front and rear differentials, chains for all four tires, and a winch. Hence the reason my next truck was a Power Wagon. That same corner was the reason why the Torsen Front Diff was not an option on the Raptor. I just hope I don't need chains or a winch anytime soon...

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find a chubby white dude with a beard tent camping in your driveway, please don't be upset. You must not be too far from Cal's, eh?

Erendira isn't too far from Baja animal outreach. (San Jacinto- right on the beach). If you ever get the chance to cruise down, Rick and his wife will always let you hang out with the pups and get some 4 legged quality time. there are also a few rad little booters on that trail.

That stretch of coast used to be pretty sketch, but has cleaned up a ton.

Ha! Yes, I am very close to Coyote Cal's. It is 3 or 4 miles north of me, just north of Erendira.

You are welcome anytime! You won't even have to camp. I have a "guest house" which is one large room with a bathroom. Just hit me up when you are around.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zombie, here is a video of the place the day we took ownership a few years back I didn't go into one of the bedrooms, but wanted to show you what the guest room looks like.

I know... I should have filmed it landscape... And that was my old truck that I kept beating which led to the raptor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Zombie, here is a video of the place the day we took ownership a few years back I didn't go into one of the bedrooms, but wanted to show you what the guest room looks like.

I know... I should have filmed it landscape... And that was my old truck that I kept beating which led to the raptor.

That is an awesome casita! count me in. Dinner at Eucalipto is on me. :cool:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I would be down for a trip. Trey and BRR had a trip not long ago where they teamed up with Exodus 4x4. They took some built Jeeps and Raptors. I was suppose to be on that trip with my JK. Started having some cooling issues with my LS. So why not just take my Raptor. Blew the motor in the Raptor so now back to fixing JK and taking it. Then started having issues with LS in my JK. Cylinder 1 misfires. So let's get the motor in the Raptor and take it. So back on with the Raptor. Then the motor didn't make it in time. So no Raptor and no JK no go. It just wasn't meant to be!! ☹. So im really ready to go now!!

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum is welcome. Like I say to my friends, this place is meant to be shared.

Only two rules:

1. No politics

2. No talking about how much you hate California. I was born and raised in San Diego. It's like how an abused child still has love for his parents and doesn't like it when others talk shit about them. Haha! Fact...

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely bucket listed. I've been wanting to go to baja for the last 20 years, ideally on an annual basis. So those that went with groups, what's the best...ahem...low budget option? Sure anybody can point the truck south, I know enough espanol to get in trouble (mostly curse words and "where's the bathroom?") and can easily pass out in the back seat with enough tequila and tacos, but would have a much better time avoiding federales and cartels or running out of fuel or getting stranded with a busted LCA or something, with fellow offroad brothas...