Baja Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exo usually posts the sign-up link 3 months before the trip. If you go to the website, you can sign up for the mailing list. The runs also get posted on facebook and Instagram.

If you miss out on the initial sign up, It is worth it to get on the waitlist. There are almost always a few people that need to bail prior to the trip and the slots are re-filled off of the waitlist.

Awesome thanks! I’ll go check out the website. Maybe I’ll see you down there some day

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What about an Exo Raptor Forum Adventure?

I can talk to the owner of ExO and see if he'd be willing to do the run. The crew is currently down in Baja prerunning for this year's routes, so it might be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to talk to him about it.

I would need y'all to collectively settle on a few potential dates and let me know how many days the group wanted the trip to be. feel free to PM to chat about it.

Please understand that it's bad form for me to take a group south of the border on my own. ExO is a collection of my friends and I'm not willing to take potential business away from them.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please listen to the advice of ZombieKiller! I have grown-up going to baja to surf, ride my MX on course runs, and now have a house two miles south of Erendira, a place called Malibu Sur. The pre-run prep is CRITICAL and needs to be done by someone who knows the environment and people. It is no joke about the ranches. They must be organized ahead of time or you will be turning around often and wasting a lot of time.

Even now, I won't venture too far from my place without the above planning and support.

The place is beyond amazing and beautiful. Time seems to stand still. But, you don't want to do something stupid down there.
beachhouseraptor.jpeg
beachraptor.jpeg

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I can talk to the owner of ExO and see if he'd be willing to do the run. The crew is currently down in Baja prerunning for this year's routes, so it might be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to talk to him about it.

I would need y'all to collectively settle on a few potential dates and let me know how many days the group wanted the trip to be. feel free to PM to chat about it.

Please understand that it's bad form for me to take a group south of the border on my own. ExO is a collection of my friends and I'm not willing to take potential business away from them.

It might be worth looking at a 2022 Date. That would give people enough time to make sure their vehicle is ready (on their website they list vehicle requirements, and I know I'd have to get a few things for my truck if I could go).

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be worth looking at a 2022 Date. That would give people enough time to make sure their vehicle is ready (on their website they list vehicle requirements, and I know I'd have to get a few things for my truck if I could go).

I'll be clear: some mega-built raptor is 150% NOT required. We have folks bring stock trucks on a regular basis. one of the regulars has been mobbing a stock roush raptor on 35s on every trip for the past few years.

You don't need a fully built rig to go to Baja at all. Reliability is king in Baja, and a stock truck is plenty reliable when in good working order.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Please listen to the advice of ZombieKiller! I have grown-up going to baja to surf, ride my MX on course runs, and now have a house two miles south of Erendira, a place called Malibu Sur. The pre-run prep is CRITICAL and needs to be done by someone who knows the environment and people. It is no joke about the ranches. They must be organized ahead of time or you will be turning around often and wasting a lot of time.

Even now, I won't venture too far from my place without the above planning and support.

The place is beyond amazing and beautiful. Time seems to stand still. But, you don't want to do something stupid down there.
View attachment 160741
View attachment 160742

If you find a chubby white dude with a beard tent camping in your driveway, please don't be upset. You must not be too far from Cal's, eh?

Erendira isn't too far from Baja animal outreach. (San Jacinto- right on the beach). If you ever get the chance to cruise down, Rick and his wife will always let you hang out with the pups and get some 4 legged quality time. there are also a few rad little booters on that trail.

That stretch of coast used to be pretty sketch, but has cleaned up a ton.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

If y'all want to just do something leisurely, There is nothing that you'd need outside of Radio, chase lights, fire extinguisher, 2 spares, a level head and a good attitude. I recommend bump stops, but only because they can help keep someone from a sore back.

a stock raptor will tell you pretty quickly that you're pushing it too hard. ( without breaking.)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
He seems cool about it. He has named that rock and seems to always point it out as his famous rock on trips. LOL

when you do this hobby long enough, you end up with one of those.

While not anywhere near as bad, I have a special rock that I visit outside of bay of LA. My passenger side doors remember it vividly.

there is also a cactus in Tucson that I daydream about lighting on fire.