Baja mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
So, I’ve fired up Baja mode on a few occasions but can only really use it in manual shift mode? If it’s in drive it revs up high and doesn’t shift past 4th gear. Is that normal or is something up with my Raptor? Im almost sure I saw a vid once in which they drive the **** out of the raptor in Baja mode and didn’t see them manually shifting.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
your baja mode is working as designed. It works just fine for me in auto. if youre left foot braking at speed, you want the revs high and the throttle response that comes with being in the optimal rpm range.

OP
OP
H

Hdscreens

Reaction score
So, my mistake on Baja auto mode is that I’m starting from 0 mph and flooring it but only getting to 20-25 max mph? I should have plenty of rolling speed first then switch to Baja?

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you can still use it from a stop. I've run it on pavement a few times and a bunch out at the dunes. It doesn't upshift until near redline at MOST throttle positions.

OP
OP
H

Hdscreens

Reaction score
That’s what I figured. I think the first time I used Baja on auto it was on sandy beach from a stand still and no issues at all. Couple months later the transfer case went out and was replaced. I didn’t get around to using Baja mode till weeks later and it hasnt seemed it works correctly after transfer case repair. They wanted to blame me for transfer case issue saying I could have been driving often in 4x4 on pavement which was not the case.

If it’s on Baja and trans on auto mode from 0 the max I get is 20-25 mph.
If it’s on Baja manual mode then it has no problem getting whatever speed and gears I acceralate or shift to.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old topic I know, just to say that among me, in Baja mode, RPM is to high for my use, it work as it should, but it's too agressive for me, it give me impression to make violence to the engine:eek:, I know it's not the case, but... Engine work well at lower RPM also, I like set suspension in Baja mode, so when I need to use it, I use in manual, and it's a lot fun too !

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old topic I know, just to say that among me, in Baja mode, RPM is to high for my use, it work as it should, but it's too agressive for me, it give me impression to make violence to the engine:eek:, I know it's not the case, but... Engine work well at lower RPM also, I like set suspension in Baja mode, so when I need to use it, I use in manual, and it's a lot fun too !