Baja mode, can you use it on the freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxcap

Reaction score
Dude, I reread your posts and totally agree.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Can't believe the personal attacks lol... when logic fails move to character assassination. I'm definitely the loser... you won.. Good night, and goodbye!

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW I don't want to get personal to date you aholes, I'm just willing to stand up in real life (not hide behind an avatar) and be accountable for my actions and words. Wish others also had the same integrity.

Gunner11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Baja mode switches from 4L to 4L automatically...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankTheTank

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Baja mode switches from 4L to 4L automatically...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he’s talking about shifting gears? In which case yes, the Raptor has an automatic transmission.
But if he thinks his transfer case is switching between 4lo and 4hi, automatically, in Baja mode, he’s mistaken (honest mistake I’m sure all the tech can be confusing and the tone of his post indicates he’s trying to be helpful).

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you've driven your raptor through dunes and across the beach over 70, than I welcome your feedback.

Does 70 in dry wash sand count?

For me the baja mode allowed me to start and also maneuver slow when necessary to navigate steep and narrow passages, and fast when able. Not sure about the details of each mode... but quite sure that baja allowed me to deal with deep slow sand revving quickly up to about 5.5k and staying there while slow, and then WITHOUT stopping to change modes the raptor changed from low to high to allow me to quickly accelerate way past 4l speed capability.

That's called shifting gears. The tranny shifts from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on. Switching from 4L to any other gear or vice versa at speed will result in your transfer case exploding. Fortunately, the electronic nannies prevent you from doing that.