Baja mode, can you use it on the freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxcap

Reaction score
Guys... you should really grow up and listen to what I'm saying based upon real experience. I might not a technical expert (and never claimed to be ), but I was just sharing a practical experience that I thought might help someone. If you've driven your raptor through dunes and across the beach over 70, than I welcome your feedback. If not just ****. If you have, I'm totally happy to hear about your experiences as it might actually help me too. Truly just trying to add info and help provide insight to others. I might not have explained the mechanics accurately, but the feeling of the mode in action, is 100% heartfelt and accurate.

For me the baja mode allowed me to start and also maneuver slow when necessary to navigate steep and narrow passages, and fast when able. Not sure about the details of each mode... but quite sure that baja allowed me to deal with deep slow sand revving quickly up to about 5.5k and staying there while slow, and then WITHOUT stopping to change modes the raptor changed from low to high to allow me to quickly accelerate way past 4l speed capability. I was quite positively surprised about the way it reacted, as previously I would just use mud/sand mode, and then stop and change to 4A when I could. If this helps you great, if not that's ok to. This forum could be great and extremely helpful, but a few choose to jump on every word, and scare away a lot of valuable contributions. I'm not scared, but if I feel that my heartfelt efforts and time are wasted, than I'll be a ghost too.

If any of you would like to talk about this further (or meet up sometime to chat or just enjoy the raptor for what it's worth offroad... my number is 917-268-7698).

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys... you should really grow up and listen to what I'm saying based upon real experience. I might not be a technical expert (and never claimed to be ), but I was just sharing a practical experience that I thought might help someone. If you've driven your raptor through dunes and across the beach over 70, than I welcome your feedback. If not just ****. If you have, I'm totally happy to hear about your experiences as it might actually help me too. Truly just trying to add info and help provide insight to others. I might not have explained the mechanics accurately, but the feeling of the mode in action, is 100% heartfelt and accurate.

For me the baja mode allowed me to start and also maneuver slow when necessary to navigate steep and narrow passages, and fast when able. Not sure about the details of each mode... but quite sure that baja allowed me to deal with deep slow sand revving quickly up to about 5.5k and staying there while slow, and then WITHOUT stopping to change modes the raptor changed from low to high to allow me to quickly accelerate way past 4l speed capability. I was quite positively surprised about the way it reacted, as previously I would just use mud/sand mode, and then stop and change to 4A when I could. If this helps you great, if not that's ok to. This forum could be great and extremely helpful, but a few choose to jump on every word, and scare away a lot of valuable contributions. I'm not scared, but if I feel that my heartfelt efforts and time are wasted, than I'll be a ghost too.

If any of you would like to talk about this further (or meet up sometime to chat or just enjoy the raptor for what it's worth offroad... my number is 917-268-7698).

Well guys I guess he’s right. **** because you’ve never gone 70 in the sand. He must be right.

Got it. Best mode for sand.
4A
Baja mode
Diff unlocked

DO NOT USE
4 hi
Mud/sand
Diff locked
ALSO DO NOT AIR DOWN

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Maxcap

Reaction score
Dude ( so original btw haha), you are truly the type of ahole that I was referring to.

I never said anything about what you shouldn't do " ie. "do not air down, etc.", or "what to do" as that was what you said. Air down is great if you're only running sand and have plenty of time to air up before hitting the pavement. What I did say was that baja mode worked awesome for me, and I took the time to further explain why. If you have nothing to positive to add, or experiences to share, than ****.

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude ( so original btw haha), you are truly the type of ahole that I was referring to.

I never said anything about what you shouldn't do " ie. "do not air down, etc.", or "what to do" as that was what you said. Air down is great if you're only running sand and have plenty of time to air up before hitting the pavement. What I did say was that baja mode worked awesome for me, and I took the time to further explain why. If you have nothing to positive to add, or experiences to share, than ****.

It is always better to air down especially in sand. Mud/sand 4hi and diff locked will give you the most traction. This will help your safety and the performance of your truck. This is a ******** thread so it’s not going to get serious answers.

Last edited:

Maxcap

Reaction score
Of course it's advisable... but not always possible or desirable. You can't tell me that you always follow the suggestions, and stay within the law and guidelines. None of us that have made it here ( gen2 raptor non sbux mode), have always done so in actuality. In the NE when your'e flying across the beach, sometimes it is necessary to make a quick exit lol. Due to those possibilities, I like to keep enough pressure so that if I end up on terra firma, the tires are less inclined to separate from the wheels.

We are all unique individuals, but have some common threads or we wouldn't be here. I offered my experience so that it might help others. If it helps you great; if not that's cool, but realize someone else with less experience might truly appreciate a first hand account.

I for one have learned a lot by reading about the experiences of others. I'm trying to give back to the forum, and not just be a lurker. Sometimes you need to just take things at face value, and not try just to prove your knowledge or status.

in any case... a very Happy Holidays to all!!

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

And dude, your clearly not a comedian or even funny or ironic in any way shape or form... so please don't try to explain what you think I'm saying. If clarifications are required, just ask. I won't try to explain your posts, and it's truly best for all that you don't try to explain or clarify mine.

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And dude, your clearly not a comedian or even funny or ironic in any way shape or form... so please don't try to explain what you think I'm saying. If clarifications are required, just ask. I won't try to explain your posts, and it's truly best for all that you don't try to explain or clarify mine.

*you’re*
:specialed: