Baja mode, can you use it on the freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not see any warnings in the handbook about driving freeway speed on solid surface in the Baja mode, but want to make sure no damage could occur. Is it recommend for the most aggressive driving experience. Just want to experience this mode, not close to that type of road condition.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's anything like Off-road mode on my 13 I wouldn't.

Check and see if it turns off ABS and if it downshifts hard under braking, could end badly if so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend it. If you want four wheel drive I would use the AWD setting. gryGhst17 is correct with the baja mode in 2wd also. Sport mode is similar, but keeps the rpms a bit lower.

Last edited:

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can switch to 2wd after Baja mode is engaged on the gen2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know what the setting does? You can do it in 2WD, I just think the steering would be super light.

“Baja” puts the Raptor’s throttle response at its most direct setting, holds the RPMs as high as safely possible to squeeze every drop of energy out of the turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine and relaxes the traction/stability systems to allow for the most yaw and slide it deems safely possible.

The drivetrain is set to 4WD high automatically, but you can override and set to 2WD for the full Baja 1000 racing experience.

Steering is actually set to “Normal,” giving you more neutral resistance on the wheel since deep sand tends to push back more than the pavement.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to hold RPMs on the freeway like that? Save that for off highway use.

Ya, agreed. You can do it, but it would be hard on the engine and hard on gas for no real reason. If he is looking for better performance, get a tune or a pedal commander or something.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you don’t run around in sport mode either... *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk