Baja light removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmundy41

Reaction score
I apologize if this is an old topic, but does anyone have any video or advice on how to remove baja design fog lights from 2018? I am selling and dealer won't pay extra for them, or take them off, so would it be possible to do it myself? I need it done quickly and everyone around me is slammed that could do it.

I'll admit I'm not the best but can do simple things with tools lol. Just wondering if anyone has installed or removed themselves?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm assuming they were put in with the Baja design harness. There should be a male/female plug about a foot back from the light. Unplug it and you have a single bolt that holds the light bracket to whatever mounting bracket was used to the truck. Take that whole mounting bracket off and keep it. You could pull the whole harness, but that will be a lot more work. If you want to be nice, put some electrical tape on the plug end staying with the truck.

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
I'm assuming they were put in with the Baja design harness. There should be a plug about a foot back from the light. Unplug it and you have a single bolt that holds the light bracket to whatever mounting bracket was used to the truck. Take that whole mounting bracket off and keep it. If you want to be nice, put some electrical tape on the plug end staying with the truck.
I didn't even think just to leave the harness hooked up....I was overthinking it and thinking about taking everything off completely but that sounds a lot easier than worrying about the electrical part of it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even think just to leave the harness hooked up....I was overthinking it and thinking about taking everything off completely but that sounds a lot easier than worrying about the electrical part of it.
Yep, the easy way is what I said. You could pull the entire harness, but that is a little involved if you don't know what you are doing.

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
Yep, the easy way is what I said. You could pull the entire harness, but that is a little involved if you don't know what you are doing.
Since I'm short on time, I think that's what I'll do. My wife asked if I youtube'd it. I said nah I'll ask the forum. And look who came through. Thanks guys.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would also look for another harness around the battery. The upfitter switches are bare wire, so either the extension wiring was cut to make the bare wire connection, or who even installed kept the wire intact and added additional wiring.

It's not the end of the world if you leave the extension wiring on the truck. They are not terribly expensive.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The entire harness should come out easily and is probably only held in with a couple tie wraps, I'd just cut the BD wires behind the battery and in front of the firewall and tape up the ends left with the truck.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is an old topic, but does anyone have any video or advice on how to remove baja design fog lights from 2018? I am selling and dealer won't pay extra for them, or take them off, so would it be possible to do it myself? I need it done quickly and everyone around me is slammed that could do it.

I'll admit I'm not the best but can do simple things with tools lol. Just wondering if anyone has installed or removed themselves?
If your local to me, I can pull them for you.