Baja Equipment Load Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
If you haven't already checkout the RTIC brand. Quality of Yeti without the sticker shock.

RTIC only makes coolers.

These "go box" things are purely for storage with zero insulation. The shells are similar construction and don't deform when you ratchet strap them down.

I've had issues with the outer shell deforming on just about every model of pelican case and have also collapsed the outer shell on a Fatboy cooler and an RTIC. fortunately, i was able to fix the pelican cases, but both coolers were garbage.

I've also destroyed multiple swag offroad aluminum mounts, have launched quite a few Rubbermaid action packers, full of "stuff" out of the bed of my truck. Having a yard sale in the desert sucks.

I do plan to test how these go boxes hold up when ejected from the truck. I know that at some point I'll forget to cinch a ratchet strap and would prefer to find a container that will hold up to at least one launch.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the back seat driver side flip forwards to expose storage space
Who knows how to do this??thx

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the back seat driver side flip forwards to expose storage space
Who knows how to do this??thx
I do. Fold the seat up, stand in the cab look down, drop a closed end wrench over the pin and pull it. The seat back will release. There is also an aftermarket fix for this on Amazon.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what has everyone found in the realm of boxes for the bed that can store tools n stuff that survives the ratchet strap and abuse ?

rhd555

Reaction score
So I want to do Baja 500 first. Any groups of guys w Raptors considering same ?? Had a Unimog U1200 but broke my leg right before I was to go. A few years ago. Now have 19 Raptor and not sure what to do next

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So I want to do Baja 500 first. Any groups of guys w Raptors considering same ?? Had a Unimog U1200 but broke my leg right before I was to go. A few years ago. Now have 19 Raptor and not sure what to do next
define "do the baja 500 first".

I will be down for the 500 next year. ( I'll actually be in baja on a trip the 7 days previous to the start of the race.)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So what has everyone found in the realm of boxes for the bed that can store tools n stuff that survives the ratchet strap and abuse ?

pelican 1500 series and 1600 series seem to hold up pretty well. The newer pelican "air" and "vault" series cases deform when you ratchet strap them down. They still keep the dust out, but you can tell theyll eventually collapse.

I'm testing out the yeti "go box" things now. so far they look promising. a lot of people talk shit about yeti, but outside of a pelican cooler, its the only other brand that has lasted more than one baja trip for me.