Baja Equipment Load Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how are you guys storing all your stuff?
I have two nice Pelican cases tied down in the bed. One has a 12,000 Winch stored in it, just in case we get really stupid, and another box has all those goodies you have listed. Works perfectly, heavy as hell though.. the boxes are

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two nice Pelican cases tied down in the bed
That's basically all I use for anything - Pelican...
For Baja behind the chase rack is enough room for a 38 qt HD Igloo cooler and behind that there is just enough room for our 9' by 12' EZ Up..after that no bed floor space left over.
If it's just a 2 man desert run then no ice chest or EZ Up and then a Milwaukee soft cooler strapped down behind the frt seats....or our 20 qt Pelican cooler...

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about a hot babe in back when you are in the mood for a reacharound?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've gone through all sorts of pelican and other cases for storing stuff.

I wish that I had a "standard" loadout so I didn't have to spend a day packing what I'm going to need for a trip.

To make things a little easier ( I obviously don't need to take all of the weird spares, nor a full tool loadout to head to an offroad park), I'm going to try out the Yeti "gobox" things.

They aren't cheap, but they are the right size that if I pack them full, they aren't too heavy. It'll also allow me to organize my supplies so that instead of having to pull things that I don't need to bring out of a pelican case, I can simply leave one of the boxes at home and save myself hours in prep. ( I literally have 19 events/trips planned for next year already, so a few hours each trip is meaningful).

I get that y'all won't ever carry as extensive of a spares and tools kit as I will, but I'm functioning as a trail mechanic in most scenarios, so If I don't bring it, trucks end up on the trailer. (which I like to avoid.) Having to pick up pelican cases that weigh 120 lbs due to all the tools or all the spares gets pretty miserable if we have a busy "breakage day". I've had 19 incidents that needed repair in a single trail day before. I'm hoping these "go box" things make it easier to just grab what I need without having to tear everything out of the bed.

Plus, since I'll be carrying 4-6 of the go boxes on long runs, I will have seating for 6 around a campfire too. :)

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff man, Im just not a fan of stuff in the cab not strapped down. One is so they dont become projectiles, second is its loud as **** in my truck when shit is bouncing around in there. Im going to try and keep everything in a tool box in the bed.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I've gone through all sorts of pelican and other cases for storing stuff.

I wish that I had a "standard" loadout so I didn't have to spend a day packing what I'm going to need for a trip.

To make things a little easier ( I obviously don't need to take all of the weird spares, nor a full tool loadout to head to an offroad park), I'm going to try out the Yeti "gobox" things.

They aren't cheap, but they are the right size that if I pack them full, they aren't too heavy. It'll also allow me to organize my supplies so that instead of having to pull things that I don't need to bring out of a pelican case, I can simply leave one of the boxes at home and save myself hours in prep. ( I literally have 19 events/trips planned for next year already, so a few hours each trip is meaningful).

I get that y'all won't ever carry as extensive of a spares and tools kit as I will, but I'm functioning as a trail mechanic in most scenarios, so If I don't bring it, trucks end up on the trailer. (which I like to avoid.) Having to pick up pelican cases that weigh 120 lbs due to all the tools or all the spares gets pretty miserable if we have a busy "breakage day". I've had 19 incidents that needed repair in a single trail day before. I'm hoping these "go box" things make it easier to just grab what I need without having to tear everything out of the bed.

Plus, since I'll be carrying 4-6 of the go boxes on long runs, I will have seating for 6 around a campfire too. :)
If you haven't already checkout the RTIC brand. Quality of Yeti without the sticker shock.