Baja Equipment Load Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having just returned form this years Baja 1000, someone asked what equipment I bring down there and where I put it...so here's what I load up:

CAB REAR SEAT AREA:

1. My FAK basic first aid kit (see link)
2. Milwaukee bag – 25ft Powertank coiled hose & digital air gauge/chuck
3. Husky (Home Depot) Full Metric & SAE wrench set, Husky Full Socket set 3/8” dr Metric & SAE
4. Anti-Gravity 1200HD Jumper pak – Diesel rated
5. Smitty Built 3” x 30 ft snatch strap
6. 2 ea cloth fender covers
7. 2 ea Bubba Rope soft shackles 56,000 lb rated
8. 2 ea 5/8” hitch pins
8. Factor 55 Forged Alum Receiver Shackle mount
9. S/Built cast Receiver Shackle mount w/ ¾” threaded pin shackle
10. Milwaukee Mid Torque (440 ft/lbs) M18 Cordless ½” impact & related lug nut sockets
11. Tekton ½” deep impact set (10mm – 24mm)
12. Power Probe III set (under Drivers seat)
13. MAC’s Utility 4 Pack Ratcheting ATV/Moto straps 10 ft (under Passenger) seat
14. Snap-On Extra long Flex head fine tooth ratchet

1. Husky soft tool pouch – Misc special tools, tape, Zip Tys, Electrical crimp connectors, basic Automotive fuse set, Complete fuse set (2 ea) for every Raptor fuse (including MAXI hi amp).
2. Misc shop rags, roll of “Blue Towels” and yes 1 roll TP

CHASE RACK:
2 spares, Pro Eagle jack, 10 lb CO2 Tank, 5 gal gas can, and Harbor Freight portable 12” folding step.

So what did I miss?....I'm always open to new ideas, anything else I should have thought about taking?

As you can see this all fits under my rear seats and my passengers don't really know it's there...

Baja Loadout 1.jpg

Baja Loadout 2.jpg

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Clamptite tools looks like Baja winner...sometimes I carry .032 SS lockwire and pliers. This would be a good addition....thanks!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
do you not have a fire extinguisher? you should.

also not seeing a mention of a shovel or ax.

I also tend to take an air compressor blow gun attachment. It is probably the most "borrowed" thing that I bring outside of zip ties and hose clamps.

A Sawzall is also a good thing to have.

alcohol wipes ( good for an antiseptic, but also works great for cleaning electrical contacts.

waterweld

jbweld

pocket change
lots and lots of hose clamps and the largest zip ties that you can find at home depot.

it also isnt a terrible idea to carry spare wheel speed sensors, spare vacuum check valve and spare intake sensors.

a battery powered warn pullzall is also super handy.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You are missing toilet paper and tylenol.

EDIT: I see you listed TP. :^) Oh, and I put a decent first aid kit in my vehicles.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. What exact Anti-Gravity (#4) are you using? I've been in the market for one but there are so many choices.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You didn’t not mention having all the stuff in the back seat area strapped down. These things can be dangerous during a crash becoming deadly projectiles.

That’s a good list and as mentioned above a fire extinguisher is a great idea I have a few of these elementfire.com. They are light weight and work very well.

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you not have a fire extinguisher? you should.
Yes....that should be my next item period!...

also not seeing a mention of a shovel or ax.
I'll add that to my "in the future" list...

I also tend to take an air compressor blow gun attachment. It is probably the most "borrowed" thing that I bring outside of zip ties and hose clamps.
Actually have blow gun & zip ties..

A Sawzall is also a good thing to have.
Not sure where I would use that one....

alcohol wipes ( good for an antiseptic, but also works great for cleaning electrical contacts.
Have them in the first aid kit

waterweld,jbweld
Got both..

pocket change
lots and lots of hose clamps and the largest zip ties that you can find at home depot.
Got some crazy big Zip ties along with normal sizes. Not sure about how many worm hose clamps to carry.

it also isnt a terrible idea to carry spare wheel speed sensors, spare vacuum check valve and spare intake sensors.
All those are also in "my future" list

a battery powered warn pullzall is also super handy.
For some that my seem needed, but as of now no idea where I would put it.

I'm extremely **** when it comes to me storing my stuff...it's like a game of Tetris...it all has to fit neatly. This means doing Triage on what goes with me and what stays home....The fire ext is a VERY important item I overlooked and will have to figure out which one and how to mount it...

Thank to all the ideas

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You didn’t not mention having all the stuff in the back seat area strapped down. These things can be dangerous during a crash becoming deadly projectiles.
Being under the seat not quite as deadly as other things "just laying around"...HOWEVER I'm already working on an idea to contain all that...will share when completed....