Baja Designs XL linkable lights front bumper Gen 3 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this issue ever get resolved? I'm interested in this kit as well but I don't want to run into the same issue with the lights affecting the front-facing camera. @Baja Designs any input?

OP
OP
BigTomJR

BigTomJR

Reaction score
As of today still good with no issues below is what dealer did

Update so after 7 hrs at the dealer they did a reflash of the IPMA we removed the lights drove for about 20 miles came back extracted and reflash the IPMA again drove again for the 20 miles then completed a TSB 22-2109 and 21-2249 recalibrated everything drove again was all clear put lights back on drove for 10 miles all still clear then drove home from dealer 30 miles still all clear as of right now

And again just want to thank everyone for there help and support

dthiss

Reaction score
As of today still good with no issues below is what dealer did

Update so after 7 hrs at the dealer they did a reflash of the IPMA we removed the lights drove for about 20 miles came back extracted and reflash the IPMA again drove again for the 20 miles then completed a TSB 22-2109 and 21-2249 recalibrated everything drove again was all clear put lights back on drove for 10 miles all still clear then drove home from dealer 30 miles still all clear as of right now

And again just want to thank everyone for there help and support
I appreciate the feedback. I don’t want to do to the dealer for a reflash/calibration just due to a light install.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. I don’t want to do to the dealer for a reflash/calibration just due to a light install.
Tbh I don’t believe everyone will have this issue. There were a couple of TSBs listed in this thread that apply to model year ‘21 only and if that’s the case ‘22s-on shouldn’t have the same issue.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please note this has only happened on a handful of occasions on the 21 models . As of right now we have not had any problem with years 22-on.
Best,
Brahian

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigTomJR

BigTomJR

Reaction score
I was very lucky with all the help from Baja and having a good friend at dealer he also said I was the only on that he knows of that has had the issue

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When doing a front light install that requires removing the grille, you obviously have to remove the four wire/hose connections at the top of the grille and one of which is the front camera. If at any time during your install, you wake up or turn on your truck, the truck will see the camera is not there and then you get the rear brake assist message as they are part of the same system (basically I think once the truck sees that part of the system is compromised, it disables rear brake assist even though rear brake assist does not use the front camera).

To fix, you will need Forscan:
1) Go to the DTC (yellow triangle icon), and one by one clear as many DTC codes as you can. Not all will clear but you should be OK.
2) Go to the wrench icon, and down near the bottom run the IPMA local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration.
3) Then in the wrench icon, run IPMA 360˚ View Camera Calibration. You will need somewhere where you can drive 5MPH or less for about 10 minutes. A parking lot works well.

This should reenable your rear brake assist and fix any 360 camera views if you have relocated your front camera because of a bumper light bar or pods install.

dthiss

Reaction score
When doing a front light install that requires removing the grille, you obviously have to remove the four wire/hose connections at the top of the grille and one of which is the front camera. If at any time during your install, you wake up or turn on your truck, the truck will see the camera is not there and then you get the rear brake assist message as they are part of the same system (basically I think once the truck sees that part of the system is compromised, it disables rear brake assist even though rear brake assist does not use the front camera).

To fix, you will need Forscan:
1) Go to the DTC (yellow triangle icon), and one by one clear as many DTC codes as you can. Not all will clear but you should be OK.
2) Go to the wrench icon, and down near the bottom run the IPMA local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration.
3) Then in the wrench icon, run IPMA 360˚ View Camera Calibration. You will need somewhere where you can drive 5MPH or less for about 10 minutes. A parking lot works well.

This should reenable your rear brake assist and fix any 360 camera views if you have relocated your front camera because of a bumper light bar or pods install.

I hope disconnecting the battery will keep this from occurring