Baja Designs XL linkable lights front bumper Gen 3 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTomJR

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got my kit installed looks great and Ozzy at Baja designs was awesome the issue I had was after install I kept getting rear break assist not active message in cluster so tried and check everything in owners manual hood switch front and rear sensors etc and nothing so I went to dealer and they said the 360 camera had to be recalibrated they tried 2 times and said the 2 lights in the light kit were showing up in camera so the issue could not be fixed that all I could do was shut from setting so it stopped making alarm sound when I put in to reverse

Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is something else that could be done to fix this I have also reached out to Baja Designs will see what they say as well

Thank you

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so I finally got my kit installed looks great and Ozzy at Baja designs was awesome the issue I had was after install I kept getting rear break assist not active message in cluster so tried and check everything in owners manual hood switch front and rear sensors etc and nothing so I went to dealer and they said the 360 camera had to be recalibrated they tried 2 times and said the 2 lights in the light kit were showing up in camera so the issue could not be fixed that all I could do was shut from setting so it stopped making alarm sound when I put in to reverse

Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is something else that could be done to fix this I have also reached out to Baja Designs will see what they say as well

Thank you
Hey BigTomjr,
What year make and model is the truck? Also what trim level? I did see the email you sent to our tech department. We are working with our engineers to find an answer for you.
But in the mean time if you can let me know the model we will look into getting your issue resolved.
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thank you

That doesnt sound right. Did you disconnect the battery while installing the lights? If so, It may take a little driving for the rear brake assist to work again. It has to relearn the steering wheel center.

OP
OP
BigTomJR

BigTomJR

Reaction score
And drove more than 100 miles before going to dealer what came up is that the 360 camera needed to be re calibrated and when he tried to do this driving with laptop in truck you can see that the lights in the front camera were being picked up that was when we took off the lights and were able to get it to re calibrate put lights back on drove for little over a mile and when put in reverse the same message came back up

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And drove more than 100 miles before going to dealer what came up is that the 360 camera needed to be re calibrated and when he tried to do this driving with laptop in truck you can see that the lights in the front camera were being picked up that was when we took off the lights and were able to get it to re calibrate put lights back on drove for little over a mile and when put in reverse the same message came back up
Could have mentioned that in the original post. Lol
When you removed the the lights and calibrated the cameras you didn’t get the message when going into reverse?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigTomJR

BigTomJR

Reaction score
True I went over it all with Jeffrey the tech from Baja designs really thank everyone for all of you help here

OP
OP
BigTomJR

BigTomJR

Reaction score
Update so after 7 hrs at the dealer they did a reflash of the IPMA we removed the lights drove for about 20 miles came back extracted and reflash the IPMA again drove again for the 20 miles then completed a TSB 22-2109 and 21-2249 recalibrated everything drove again was all clear put lights back on drove for 10 miles all still clear then drove home from dealer 30 miles still all clear as of right now

And again just want to thank everyone for there help and support