Baja Designs 'Security Hardware'...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have any way of checking what the thread pitch is on those bolts/nuts? Maybe you've got a hardware store nearby that has a tool where you can try threading them onto posts or into other nuts?

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolts that were supplied with the lights to attach the light brackets to the ditch light brackets are 3/8-16 (which might be the round security nuts that you have), and the bolts that attach the bracket to the light itself are M6-1.0 (which might be the small bolts that you have). Again, if you could confirm that, that would be great! The bolts that attach the light brackets to the ditch light brackets are less important, because I can always buy bolts to match the nuts, but the bolts that attach the light brackets to the lights MUST be M6-1.0.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install a dash cam with parking mode.

Mounting those lights, I had to grind down an Allen wrench to get in there better. I wouldn’t want to mess with installing with an extra bit for the security bolts

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install a dash cam with parking mode.

Mounting those lights, I had to grind down an Allen wrench to get in there better. I wouldn’t want to mess with installing with an extra bit for the security bolts
That’s what I did, The one I installed has lights on the rear and front so nowadays I do think thieves are more aware of their surroundings and whether or not they’re being recorded. I’ve been contemplating the security bolts as well, it is a good initial deterrent for the unsophisticated thief looking for a quick score, but as of others have said, not for a thief who knows what they’re doing and will steal them regardless of security hardware

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little spendy, but if you live in or visit areas frequented by stupid people, willing to commit the sin of ******** with another’s truck, then yeah, this would keep would be thieves busy longer. You could also use tamper proof torx in the same thread pattern/pitch.
I agree, went with Baja Designs security bolts on my light bar, try to avoid sketchy areas, and used plenty of red loctite. Nothing is 100% but you can make the ******** work for it heh.

99tmsmith

Reaction score
OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what i used
View attachment 312273
Are those BD Squadrons? Mine came with 6mm-1.0 bolts that screw into the sides of the lights to hold them onto the brackets. A 1/4-20 bolt wouldn’t work for me…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free