GEN 2 Baja Designs SAE Compliant Replacement Lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... can you tell which is which? In this photo are the old SAE Lights and the new SAE lights. I left then unlabeled to show you that you have nothing to worry about at all.

Raw photos from the camera. I didn't even move the fan out of the way or crop anything. Trying to give you as raw as I can.

View attachment 134653

My guess is the original SAE lense is on top? Is that correct? The top looks brighter and like more light output

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Just looking at my SAE lenses...and I am very much not an expert on this....but out of curiosity, why does the light blocker trim all four sides of the light, instead of just the top (bottom part of reflector on light itself).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just looking at my SAE lenses...and I am very much not an expert on this....but out of curiosity, why does the light blocker trim all four sides of the light, instead of just the top (bottom part of reflector on light itself).

My guess is so that it's more stable when wedged inside the lens.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you buy the sae lenses? Also happen to know what material the lenses are, I've got a nice laser engraver that can add all the sae BS on the lenses, probably good enough to fool the local pd ;)

You mean a Wide Cornering Lens :) Absolutely :) The lenses are the same as Wide Cornering, but have SAE printed on them. You'd still need the reflectors inside though for the SAE pattern :) Which you can' buy