GEN 2 Baja Designs SAE Compliant Replacement Lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten these new lenses to make the Squadron SAE fogs compliant? I’m wondering how they affect light output because I’m not going to change mine out if it’s substantial. They’re kind of funky looking. Not sure if I like the look. 7f2d3c8f246fb8e13997d0ecdd39babf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s killing two birds with one stone, reducing total output and defining the cutoff sharply. I “see” what you mean about the looks, but once you mount them it won’t be “apparent”. My complaint is the price differential between the SAE and the Squadron Sport still because it appears to be the same light, just with a different lens. Maybe I’m wrong.

Let us know how they work if you swap them
out.

OP
OP
okieff218

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s killing two birds with one stone, reducing total output and defining the cutoff sharply. I “see” what you mean about the looks, but once you mount them it won’t be “apparent”. My complaint is the price differential between the SAE and the Squadron Sport still because it appears to be the same light, just with a different lens. Maybe I’m wrong.

Let us know how they work if you swap them
out.

I can tell you one difference that is obvious after you take the lens off. The SAE has some internals that look similar to magnifying glasses. The regular Squadron Pros have the reflectors.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying to crazy "Frankenstein" experiments with my own truck once the new SAE shipments arrive to us (any day now)

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
That looks like it's going to kill 50%+ of the light. Not excited as I have two pairs of these on order (and didn't know about the issues at all when I ordered).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All new Squadron SAE shipping have the new lens setup so that they are compliant.

OP
OP
okieff218

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m probably just going to leave mine the way they are now and not use the new lenses. I’ve never had an oncoming car flash their lights at me.